in need of a sermon from the vic

Guest dunnarunna

Guest dunnarunna

i could do with a laugh today, coz its going to be a gloomy one, our dog is going to his new home today:cry: i thought i would be ok but just before son about to go to school he starts crying & said he wants to come with me to take the dog, so now ive got both kids in tow. i dont cry often ( that was until we started emigrating now i seem to have a tap!) but its so upsetting when you see the kids upset. i was keeping positive happy in the knowledge that ive found him a good home & not had to take him to the rescue place, but now they are coming im sure the day is not going to go with out a tear or two, oh there goes one. And to top it all the weather really bloody miserable too! (thunder!)

donna

p.s. was thinking of you yesterday dan (scarletfever)

Guest aveenandme

:sad:Oh no, poor you. When do you go to oz? Will you get to see the dog again before you go or is it a clean break and all that. I feel really sad for you. Quite glad oh stuck by his guns and wouldn't entertain the idea of a dog till we've been there a year (and i've borrowed my sisters dog to practise on having never had a dog before). Think your very brave making the right decision and getting a good home.

As migration approached, two elderly vultures doubted they could make the trip south, so they decided to go by airplane.

When they checked their baggage, the attendant noticed that they were carrying two dead raccoons. "Do you wish to check the raccoons through as luggage?" she asked.

"No, thanks," replied the vultures. "They're carrion."

Well, it made me laugh!

I'll fetch my coat shall I? :sad: Let's hope the Vic gets on quickly eh?

Laughing Cow.

Seriously, though how horrible for you all. Will you be able to visit a few times before you go (once he's settled of course)? I guess you've just got to hold on to the fact that just as your dog is going to be happy in his new home, soon so will you, here in Adelaide.

LC

:wubclub:

Guest EM&M

HI Donna,

At this point I am so please we have no pets, the whole process is hard enough without that extra emotion. Thinking of you today.

Em x

Guest Vicar of Dibley

Big Hugz cummin at ya . We re-homed our two dogs about three months ago in order to give the children time to get over it (which they have). We sort of semi-bribed them into happiness by asking them to think about all the wonderful pets they could have once we were settled in Oz. So far they have agreed on three camels, a crock and several wombats...the list is nowhere near finished!!!!

Anyway, have posted my Friday Sermon. Hope it raises a smile!!!

Guest dunnarunna

aww jo that got me going again & with lazy cow trying so hard to put a smile on my face (she is, also i was going to say something witty about you getting a chinese (great swap but could you get him to sit & roll over, well made me laugh, got of been better than lc dog one now that was bad:biglaugh:).

The woman who is having my dog has said i can go visit him when i like before we go ( although its a while before we do i wanted him to be settled ) & that she would give me email updates when we are there. She is lovely & will probably mother him more than i do so i know im doing the right thing for him really. (still not looking forward to it though)

donna

Oh.. really feeling for you.... for me, pets are part of the family... so i can really sympathise .... i recently had to find a new home for one of my cats as she was very violent towards my others and no matter what we tried she didn't change...and it wasn't fair for the others...it broke my heart as she was my shadow....

Hugs for you and your children

min x:wubclub:

Guest Diane Paul and the kids
Big Hugz cummin at ya . We re-homed our two dogs about three months ago in order to give the children time to get over it (which they have). We sort of semi-bribed them into happiness by asking them to think about all the wonderful pets they could have once we were settled in Oz. So far they have agreed on three camels, a crock and several wombats...the list is nowhere near finished!!!!

Anyway, have posted my Friday Sermon. Hope it raises a smile!!!

We took our dog back to the rescue centre where we got him from,about 3 months ago,we also thought that leaving friends and family would be hard enough,and didn't want the upset of the dog at the same time.

Guest Abi&Dan
:sad:Oh no, poor you. When do you go to oz? Will you get to see the dog again before you go or is it a clean break and all that. I feel really sad for you. Quite glad oh stuck by his guns and wouldn't entertain the idea of a dog till we've been there a year (and i've borrowed my sisters dog to practise on having never had a dog before). Think your very brave making the right decision and getting a good home.

Exactly what we're doing!! I want a dog so much but there's no way I could leave it - I feel so much for people who are forced to do that - and there's no way we can justify an extra £4k on the move.

So we're nicking Dan's sis's collie for a few months in Aug (will probably be hugely traumatised about giving her back when the time comes!!)

Good luck to everyone going through this :wubclub:

Guest tinbasher

Hi Donna

My heart goes out to you and your family. It sounds like he/she has gone to a wonderful home. Keep smiling your lovely monkey grin that we all love to see. How long is it before you are heading down under?

Take care Mrs Monkeymama

Mrs TinB

Guest dunnarunna

thanks to everyone for their kind words

it was horrible cried all last night my son took it bad too, but the lady has email me this morning saying he is fine and im sure he will be, dogs are so cupboard love at times, i have had the offer to see him when i like but like you jo im not sure if its a good idea.

Anyway along with the sadness came a bit of happiness this morning too, i now know our visa application HAS reached them, although it is now in the invalid dept, the payment i sent was maestro (durr) i dont own a credit card but i have sent my debit with visa details to them hopefully this will be ok ( anyone else paid with debit card?)

and my hubbys police checks came today mine should be close behind so when its back i can scan them then they will have the lot & i just wait

anyway thanks again you really are alovely bunch

donna

Archived