Guest PaulaMac

Friends in Hills area Sydney?

Guest PaulaMac

Is there anyone out there who lives in sydney near hills area, OATLANDS/CASTLE HILL/CARLINGFORD/PARRA- who would live to meet up for girly get togethers? I am really missing my girls from back home. Im here living with my australian boyfriend and really in need for some girl time.

Im 23 years of age originally from London. I have been here a year and am just going through the defacto application process.

Hi Paula,

I live near the Castle Hill/Kellyville area with my husband and 2 year old daughter, we have been here 7 months. Are you working at all? As there are quite a few of us Brits that meet up every Tuesday at the Castle Hill RSL for a chat ( and to keep the children entertained!) if you would like to join us? Most of us have children but some have children who are at school so they come along on their own. Or if you want to meet up for a coffee or chat some other day then that's fine. I know what you mean about friends, it's so nice to have other people to talk to in the same situation! And I'm finding I want to make my own friends as well, other than the people my husband already knows, as he has lived here before. Anyway, let me know if you want to meet up. It's always good to meet new people!

Hi, I have just moved to Kellyville are in December from the UK, I was wondering if you still meet up in the RSL club and if so would you mind if I pop along to meet new people? I am not working with 2 children both of primary school age. My husband is working here but I am struggling to meet new people on my own. Thanks in advance Claire:laugh:

I live near the Castle Hill/Kellyville area with my husband and 2 year old daughter, we have been here 7 months. Are you working at all? As there are quite a few of us Brits that meet up every Tuesday at the Castle Hill RSL for a chat ( and to keep the children entertained!) if you would like to join us? Most of us have children but some have children who are at school so they come along on their own. Or if you want to meet up for a coffee or chat some other day then that's fine. I know what you mean about friends, it's so nice to have other people to talk to in the same situation! And I'm finding I want to make my own friends as well, other than the people my husband already knows, as he has lived here before. Anyway, let me know if you want to meet up. It's always good to meet new people!

Hey girls, hows it going? I moved here with my partner just over a month ago and really strugling with the finding friends! my partner christian works away a lot so I am alone with my two dogs lol.... i still am to find a job, I had my own hairdressing business in the uk so was hoping to set up again. I'd love to come to one of the meetings for a chin wag.. I'm a gay guy if thats ok with you? I get on better with the girls :-)

well i hope you are all well.

get in touch soon and help me keep sane!

love rob xx

hi, i have just moved to kellyville are in december from the uk, i was wondering if you still meet up in the rsl club and if so would you mind if i pop along to meet new people? I am not working with 2 children both of primary school age. My husband is working here but i am struggling to meet new people on my own. Thanks in advance claire:laugh:

Hi claire, sorry for the delayed reply, i don't use the forum much nowadays, and i've been busy during school holidays (i have missed my free time when my daughter is at school and when my son is having a nap!). As far as i am aware no-one meets up at the rsl anymore, unless there is a new group that has started up. Out of the people i used to meet up with, some are now working, some of us have since had babies, so we've all been much busier. However, we could meet up for a coffee and chat during school time and i can get my mum to look after my little boy (so i can chat properly!). I remember how hard it was when we first came over, so i understand how you are feeling, and it was probably easier for me as at least my daughter was younger then so i joined playgroups etc to meet people. I'll send you a private message on here so we can arrange something.:biggrin:

I live near the castle hill/kellyville area with my husband and 2 year old daughter, we have been here 7 months. Are you working at all? As there are quite a few of us brits that meet up every tuesday at the castle hill rsl for a chat ( and to keep the children entertained!) if you would like to join us? Most of us have children but some have children who are at school so they come along on their own. Or if you want to meet up for a coffee or chat some other day then that's fine. I know what you mean about friends, it's so nice to have other people to talk to in the same situation! And i'm finding i want to make my own friends as well, other than the people my husband already knows, as he has lived here before. Anyway, let me know if you want to meet up. It's always good to meet new people!

Hi Claire, I just tried to send you a private message but I got the following message, 'littledoo has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.'

Maybe you could alter your message settings on the forum? Then I can re-send my message to you.

Hi guys,

I am living in Westmead, having moved over here at the end of January this year, and loving it, but do miss having a good circle of friends. I have moved over on my own and would be up for a good meet up. Tracey x

Tracey 457 visa applied on 12/6/2012, 457 visa granted 18/07/2012, arrived in Sydney 30/01/2013

186 agreement stream nomination lodged 20/11/13, nomination approved 18th February 2013, application submitted 8th February 2013, 186 visa approved 6th March 2014