ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ladygray

Bridging visa question

Guest Ladygray

Dear Jill and Tony

On the 6th April I posted a question about a problem regarding my mum and s/days CPV which was lodged off shore in November 09. You both kindly answered my post with some very detailed information for which I thank you.

After meeting with a very nice lady at DIAC Brisbane it was confirmed that had their CPV application been lodged 'on shore' this problem would not have occured. DIAC have granted bridging visa E as it was concidered that this was a genuine error and miss communication.

We are of course very greatful for their understanding and assistance in this matter. It was explained that mum and s/dad cannot leave Australia though, until their CPV has been processed.

A thought occured to me in the middle of the night, why I cant have these kind of thoughts at the right time is beyond me.. however, in the middle of the night I wondered if it would be possible to lodged another application for an 'on shore' CPV. I know it means a further lodgment fee, and we have no problem doing this.

If its not possible then we have to be very thankful (which we are) that mum and dad can stay and we will have to 'make a plan' to sort out the business issues in the UK another way.

I would be greatful for your comments and once again many thanks for your previous input. Many thanks and best wishes.