Sponsorship for Partner Visa (309)

TheOptimist

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me.

I am going to be applying for a partner visa (subclass 309 offshore) and me and my OH have been busily gathering evidence in the hope we can apply in late July\early August.

My OH has to return to Australia very soon after we will have fulfilled the 12 month living together requirement for financial reasons (Early July). He is currently in discussion with his old boss in Australia and there is a chance he may get his old job back, but nothing is certain yet.

He is the obvious person to be my sponsor, however we have some concerns about this.

Because he has been living and working in the UK for the past year, he doesn't have a job yet in Oz. As explained above, there is a chance he'll be able to go back to work for his previous employer but nothing certain and no guarantee. I can no longer afford to support him in the UK and am moving in with my family to save money etc, so it makes sense for him to go home and get work there, and for me to apply offshore with him being back in OZ.

Does anyone know if this will cause problems for us from a sponsorship point of view? It looks like we have to provide his recent payslips in order to be able to sponsor me but obviously we won't have anything from Oz, or if we will, there will only be a month or so's worth.

We have been given advice that I can apply for this visa without him living with me, provided its as soon as possible after he returns, so don't want to risk submitting the application more than a couple of months after he's returned home.

I'm a little confused. Any help or advice would be really appreicated.

Thanks.

He doesn't need to have been working in Oz. My OH lives in the UK with me at present and we just submitted his UK payslips and that was fine.

Good luck!

Ask if you need anything else.

Hi,

Thanks v much for your reply! The problem that I gather is that we won't be living together at the time of application and we have been led to believe this is a little risky, albeit not impossible so time is of the essence to get the application in asap after he's left.

So in your opinion, he could submit his UK payslips with his sponsor form and that this would be sufficient? We wondered if we might be asked to complete an "assurer" form (asking one of his lovely friends in Oz to sponsor me). Sorry if I am asking an obvious questions to which you have already answered - possibly a case of information overload!

Perhaps I need a day off all of this!

Thanks again

The important thing is that whatever payslips etc he submits, they need to cover the preceding two years.

I think when people are saying that you not living together at the time is an issue, that's more from the point of view of needing to show DIAC (via emails, phone bills, Skype chatlogs or whatever) that you have a real relationship and are maintaining it during the time you're separated. But if you apply quickly after he leaves, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Good luck!

Archived