Anyone who applied for Victorian SS in 2010 and got approval

Guest imghani

Guest imghani

Hi all,

I wanted to get idea that how long its taking to get Victorian SS. Researched a lot on internet forums for candidates, who applied after changes to DIAC rules on 8th Feb, 2010 or atleast applied in 2010 for Victorian SS and also got Sponsorship for Victoria.

I have applied for Victorian SS on 21-Feb-2010 and waiting.....

On this forum so far did'nt find any link or query of persons who applied in 2010 (very strange).

My profession is Computing Professional (NEC) 2231-79 (MODL, CSL).

Please refer some link on 2010.

Regards,

Imran

Guest sun chasers

my hubby has applied under the same Computing Professional (NEC) 2231-79

we applied for victoria state sponsorship 14th feb 2010, however we know of someone who applied early december 09 - think it was around the 9th - they still havent heard anything. the last time i trawled through the forums, the longest wait seemed to be around a 16 week wait.

anyway, we've given up waiting for ss as we want to get our application in as soon as possible before the next changes are implemented. so we decided to opt for the eilts test (as we lost modl points like others) and go with 175 application instead. :idea:

Guest imghani

Hi,

I also planned to apply for 175 visa but for that i need 7 band in each module of IELTS and thats seems tough.

So, appearing for IELTS in May, if i got 7 in each it will be good otherwise will wait for Victorian SS. Actually applying for 176 visa instead of 175 has another benefit that it got high priority.

I mean to say, if SS takes 3 to 4 months then 176 visa will be processed in 6 to 8 months. so overall time will remain between 9 to 12 months.

But for 175 visa, its taking much longer now, i know some of my colleagues had applied some 14 months back to DIAC but still waiting.

Anyways lets see :-)

Imran

Guest sun chasers

i can appreciate what you are saying. thankfully, we arent in a hurry for the application to be processed as i still have 2.5 years of my degree to finish. we are just in a hurry to get the application in before the changes occur.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest imghani

Hi,

Its 10 weeks gone and still waiting......

Generate an email to them and get a reply "You application is still under process, we are working on it. Sorry for the delay..."

Anyone who got sponsorship from Victoria in 2010?

Regards,

Imran

Guest Tom the Pom
Hi,

Its 10 weeks gone and still waiting......

Generate an email to them and get a reply "You application is still under process, we are working on it. Sorry for the delay..."

Anyone who got sponsorship from Victoria in 2010?

Regards,

Imran

I got mine back in March, it only took a month or so.

It's only valid for 6 months from the approval date so you have to be ready to get all your paperwork in for your visa!!!

Guest Rob c

Mine took 8 weeks and 3 days, sent it off at the start of March a, got it back in May approved, and just applied for my Visa before the 7th cut off .:swoon:

Guest Sahaja

Hi,

I have applied for Victorian SS on 19-Feb-2010, and still waiting for the result...

Regards,

Erika.

Hi there,

We applied for Victoria SS on 19th Feb 2010, it was granted 3rd March 2010.. :smile: (we had been advised it could take 8-10 weeks, so we were surprised but v. happy ours turned around so fast!)....

we are going thu an agent, and are applying from Ireland, don't know if these factor into it!

Guest Sahaja

Hi everyone,

The Vic site announced today:

Processing of certain State sponsorship applications by the Victorian Government is affected by the suspension to visa processing. If you currently have a sponsorship application in process, please read the information below.

• No further offshore sponsorship applications will be accepted until 1 July 2010.
  • If your sponsorship application is in process, and you have not lodged a visa application, the application will remain in process however a decision will not be made at this time. You will be advised of any change to this situation and it is requested that you do not enquire on the progress of your application.
  • If you lodged your visa application with DIAC prior to 8 May 2010 however did not include this information in your sponsorship application, you should advise the Skilled and Business Migration Program by 21 May 2010. No further information will be accepted after this date.
  • Onshore sponsorship applications will continue to be processed as normal.

The Skilled and Business Migration will be unable to answer queries regarding the suspension of visa applications and would advise you to contact DIAC if you have any questions.

Regards!

Archived