Needing information on sponsership

Guest rosco27

Guest rosco27

Hi im am a plumber in scotland and i wish to move to australia, i have been over there before and a friend of mine in adelaide who is an ozzie wishes to sponser me. He is also a plumber and works for himself, could anyone tell me if it is possibel for him to sponser me and what is the best way to do it if so. Any feed back will be much appreciated. Thanks Ross

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi im am a plumber in scotland and i wish to move to australia, i have been over there before and a friend of mine in adelaide who is an ozzie wishes to sponser me. He is also a plumber and works for himself, could anyone tell me if it is possibel for him to sponser me and what is the best way to do it if so. Any feed back will be much appreciated. Thanks Ross

Hi Ross

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Since your friend is in Adelaide, I would suggest that you and he consider the RSMS visa:

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

Employer Sponsored Migration Booklet - Australian Immigration

Do you have any formal, British qualifications in this field? Can you also prove that you have been employed as a plumber (which can include self employment) for at least 3 years hitherto?

Personally I wouldn't bother with trying to argue exceptional circumstances in your case. I'd be inclined to get Vetassess to do a formal skills assessment and be done with it. Then start the process for the RSMS visa, I reckon.

For details of the Vetassess process, please follow the link below and then follow the hyperlinks in that:

Plumber - General 4431-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Cheers

Gill

Guest rosco27

Thanks for your reply Gill.

Yes i have all needed qualifications and proof of employment. I have already got all that paper work sorted as i had started to go for a independent visa, but due to all the changes and the lenght of time it may take to find out if il get it, thats when i thought maybe best to try going for the sponsership side.

Il have look through the imformation you have sent and see what suits us best.

Thanks again for your help its much appreciated.

Archived