Prices since 2007

Guest greg n em

Guest greg n em

Hi to everybody, Ema and i have just started our application (176) im a brickie, so if anybody wants to ask us for any advice along the way ,please feel free. What i was gonna ask was......We visited perth in 2007 and want to know if the price of property is drastically higher since then ?? In England it obviously went down but whats it like in perth now ?? and is the cost of living roughly the same ? We liked padbury when we visited and it was in our price range

Cheers chaps.:jimlad:

Hi to everybody, Ema and i have just started our application (176) im a brickie, so if anybody wants to ask us for any advice along the way ,please feel free. What i was gonna ask was......We visited perth in 2007 and want to know if the price of property is drastically higher since then ?? In England it obviously went down but whats it like in perth now ?? and is the cost of living roughly the same ? We liked padbury when we visited and it was in our price range

Hi Greg and Ema welcome to PIO if you check out realestate.com.au it should give you an idea of the prices in the area you have mentioned, I did a quick check for you and if you want a 4 bed 2 bathroom it could be between 500 hundred thousand dollars plus, on a 600 hundred thousand dollars house this equates to about 350 thousand pounds plus stamp duty and fees you will get the first home buyers grant not sure for wa as I am in melbourne, prices have increased a lot since you have been here, if you have children this could also make a difference on your everyday budget. loads of threads on here regarding prices.

Cheers dude we are both only 30 so we have time to play the housing game. Have a good day

Try further NOR get something better for that money 4 x2 s around 450k , rented in kallaroo next to padbury and the price the poster is quoting is really bottom end houses ,I would say median pad is about 600k for summat decent

Guest greg n em

bonjour ali n co

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

Guest tim_the_taf

in short, they dropped for a while, then started rising again. I heard last week that Perth is now more expensive than London ! Bear in mind that the exchange rate is at rock bottom. In 2007 we were getting 2.4 - 2.5 AUD to the pound, it's now only 1.6. We moved back to the UK last year, and were going to apply for PR (permanent visa), but have decided not to, because of the cost of housing in Perth. Having moved back, we've also realised how much more there is to do here than in Perth. We miss the weather though.

Guest chris955

Yes a good philosophy but it wont pay the bills. :wink:

bonjour ali n co

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.

Guest greg n em

Thanks for the reply tim, i must admit as i said before we have both just turned 30, and the thought of Perth being slightly too quiet is playing on my mind slightly. You can walk around the city in half a day !!! but you cant have it all. I guess we will just have to have awesome bbq s with fire breathing strippers and train our dogs to juggle.

Hi Greg,

Just out of interest, how are you finding work around your way at the moment?

Guest greg n em

Hi, well fingers crossed things are picking up. Last year i worked in london and not as a brickie, just to survive I picked the trowel up again in janurary got laid off from my first job for being too slow started another job in feb and have been there since. On £100 a day but money is going up in next couple of weeks. People on site have been leaving because other work is appearing as well , which is a good sign. Are you a brickie andrew ? The start of the year nearly killed me with all the snow too. Wondering what all the pom brickies talk about in oz because they cant bitch about the weather ? must be a really quite site !!

Guest SO,DIZZY
Hi, well fingers crossed things are picking up. Last year i worked in london and not as a brickie, just to survive I picked the trowel up again in janurary got laid off from my first job for being too slow started another job in feb and have been there since. On £100 a day but money is going up in next couple of weeks. People on site have been leaving because other work is appearing as well , which is a good sign. Are you a brickie andrew ? The start of the year nearly killed me with all the snow too. Wondering what all the pom brickies talk about in oz because they cant bitch about the weather ? must be a really quite site !!

No they do about the same amount of winging here although a lot of it is justified.. my oh is on the trowel and feels like bottom of the food chain most days.. he has waited up to three weeks for wages on many occasions has had no weekend work , a lot of casual s you cant pay tax its all day work they work you like a dog and not great money either there is no measure and they doc you for having a piss.. oh and you travel miles for work and are expected on site at 7am sharp again doced if your late.. and you are sunned of rather than rained of in the realy hot weather and there seems to be a bank holiday every week that they make you take friday and monday off , the subbies are all carrot danglers telling you they have got big sites comming up its mostly all bull to keep you on crap sites , its hard to get a good run at work as there is very few big sites..

on the plus side there is as you say theres very little rain...:laugh:

Guest greg n em
No they do about the same amount of winging here although a lot of it is justified.. my oh is on the trowel and feels like bottom of the food chain most days.. he has waited up to three weeks for wages on many occasions has had no weekend work , a lot of casual s you cant pay tax its all day work they work you like a dog and not great money either there is no measure and they doc you for having a piss.. oh and you travel miles for work and are expected on site at 7am sharp again doced if your late.. and you are sunned of rather than rained of in the realy hot weather and there seems to be a bank holiday every week that they make you take friday and monday off , the subbies are all carrot danglers telling you they have got big sites comming up its mostly all bull to keep you on crap sites , its hard to get a good run at work as there is very few big sites..

on the plus side there is as you say theres very little rain...:laugh:

wow, are you in perth ?

Hi Greg,

Yes mate i am a brickie by trade but i do lots of other stuff as i run my own small building company. I know what you mean about the weather as we never really got up and running until the last week of Jan. That sounds quite positive if your money is going up and other work is appearing as it really seems to have been sh7t for the last couple of years. Pablo is another brickie on pio from Liverpool and its been hard for the guys up that part of the country. When are you hoping to move over, i see you are going for a 176, i am on a 175 and will have to wait quite a while.

Guest greg n em
Hi Greg,

Yes mate i am a brickie by trade but i do lots of other stuff as i run my own small building company. I know what you mean about the weather as we never really got up and running until the last week of Jan. That sounds quite positive if your money is going up and other work is appearing as it really seems to have been sh7t for the last couple of years. Pablo is another brickie on pio from Liverpool and its been hard for the guys up that part of the country. When are you hoping to move over, i see you are going for a 176, i am on a 175 and will have to wait quite a while.

We have literally just started our visa and was told it will take 3 years. At first i was gutted but quickly realised that it is a good idea. Firstly we can get married (which will also help) secondly the value of our small property should rise at bit more , thirdly the exchange rate should be healthier too. And in 3 years i will be 33 so its not so bad. We decided we want to move to oz after we visited perth and my uncle in melbourne in 2007. Melbourne is a massive city and to me was like a giant England with lots of country side and didnt have the same feel as perth. I dont know if youve been to perth but in my humble opinion it was very accessible, not too big , and just had a good feel to it ,very relaxed. Is that where you want to go ?

We have literally just started our visa and was told it will take 3 years. At first i was gutted but quickly realised that it is a good idea. Firstly we can get married (which will also help) secondly the value of our small property should rise at bit more , thirdly the exchange rate should be healthier too. And in 3 years i will be 33 so its not so bad. We decided we want to move to oz after we visited perth and my uncle in melbourne in 2007. Melbourne is a massive city and to me was like a giant England with lots of country side and didnt have the same feel as perth. I dont know if youve been to perth but in my humble opinion it was very accessible, not too big , and just had a good feel to it ,very relaxed. Is that where you want to go ?

Good thinking and a great plan ! I know people are always too quick to jump the UK ship, but Oz will always be here. I feel for those just coming out here now, getting fek all for their houses.... and getting even less out here when they change their cash over.

Guest greg n em
Good thinking and a great plan ! I know people are always too quick to jump the UK ship, but Oz will always be here. I feel for those just coming out here now, getting fek all for their houses.... and getting even less out here when they change their cash over.

Hi , when did you get over there ? where abouts in melbourne do you live ?

Archived