Hair Dye Salon DISASTER

Guest tramway

Guest tramway

Got my hairdresser back home to write down the "formula" for my hair dye b4 we left she said the "formula is the same everywhere just different products used but all hairdressers would know the mix, NOTTTTTTTTTTT

Went in to a salon yesterday armed with my colour mix details and the hairdresser didn't have a clue what it meant said it was totally different here so explained the red colour/more golden that I always have and then the fun started.

Showed her roughly on the hair sample chart what I usually have done it turned out what I call brown so then she started over again and now I am a horrible really dark totally fake looking copper with purple tine, basically it a brown paperbag job.

Didn't what to chance getting a 3rd dye on it so have to live with it.

Also I always have permanent back home to cover the grey roots and then mixed through but she said that semi permanent was better and would stay in longer etc so thats what she applied this seems really strange to me how would semi stay in longer???? (it hasnt washed out any bit with all the washes its had today though)

If there are any UK hairdressers out there that can convert what my hairdresser wrote down for me into Ozzie speak please help.

The salon at home used Clynol:

Roots: 90 + 95 6% (20 vol)

Midlengths to ends: 95 3% (10 vol)

Think there may or may not be a decimal point between the 9 numbers above.

Please if you can help as really need to get this rectified.

Thanks

I can't help you decipher what the hairdresser wrote, but I wanted to say that I feel your pain!

The day before my hubbys (he was my boyfriend at the time) brothers wedding, I went to the hairdressers to get my roots done. I used to have highlights in my dark blonde hair to make it lighter. Anyway, couldn't get an appointment at the usual place so I went somewhere different. They managed to turn it grey! Then they bleached the grey out and coloured it a bright brassy blonde (think Pat Butcher!). It took 6 hours and afterwards my hair was all elasticky, like chewing gum! It looked absolutely awful! I haven't been to the hairdressers for a colour since (it was about 9 years ago), and just dye it dark brown at home!

Hope it all gets sorted out soon :wubclub:

Hi how you manged to end up with dark hair from a 90 colour is beyond me, obviously the only way to get back to that colour would be to have all your hair stripped of the colour which is an expensive process and can be quite damaging to your hair, and again the end result would not be guaranteed. Most colour shade charts are ICC coded so why it was not understood is beyond me, when i was working in oz the salon used Keune colours which again are similiar to Wella colours which i used in UK. Semi permanents can be good for coverage and they can stay in depending on the porosity of your hair.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out it does seem easy what you wrote down but i must admit never saw Clynol where i was but the hairdresser should have been able to match colour up no problem

Tania x

:hug: It sounds like you had a crappy hairdresser.

One of my best mates is a hairdresser in England and she did the same for me just before I came over to Australia. I have long hair so it's vital to me that I find a good hairdresser so I got a recommendation and went along with my "recipe" but needn't have done so because they were able to match my existing colour and did a really nice job.

All the best for getting it sorted out and your hair back to the right colour.

Guest tramway

My hairdresser said the brand didn't matter it was the numbers that were the same everywhere obviously, very obviously not as no joking but was on a bus journey earlier and was getting some serious staring looks as in 'o my god' what has she done.

Feels like straw now too.

I want to go home

as tania said 9-0 and 9-5 should not be dark , as they are 1-10( 1 is black 10 is lightest blonde so you can guess where 9 is ) on any shade chart you cannot lift with a semi so thats prob why you went dark? they only deposit or brighten a tone, she has not used those colour no's by the sound of it bizzare what colour is your natural shade and how much grey ? are you more than 50%

i would try another salon and look at having your hair colour removed if its that dark , otherwise buy a clarifying shampoo and keep washing , though it will be slow as it will have grabbed on the mids and ends ! good luck , its not funny is it..

clynol is a really good make though you cannot get it here in oz, keune and matrix colours are really good as well,

Guest lilianna1956

oh poor you , I feel your pain , I too got my english hairdresser to write down the formular for when i came to oz , it was all gobbly gooup to me but the ozzie salon did a good job and understood the maths very well , but was much more pricey here tho good luck with getting it right next time

Got my hairdresser back home to write down the "formula" for my hair dye b4 we left she said the "formula is the same everywhere just different products used but all hairdressers would know the mix, NOTTTTTTTTTTT

Went in to a salon yesterday armed with my colour mix details and the hairdresser didn't have a clue what it meant said it was totally different here so explained the red colour/more golden that I always have and then the fun started.

Showed her roughly on the hair sample chart what I usually have done it turned out what I call brown so then she started over again and now I am a horrible really dark totally fake looking copper with purple tine, basically it a brown paperbag job.

Didn't what to chance getting a 3rd dye on it so have to live with it.

Also I always have permanent back home to cover the grey roots and then mixed through but she said that semi permanent was better and would stay in longer etc so thats what she applied this seems really strange to me how would semi stay in longer???? (it hasnt washed out any bit with all the washes its had today though)

If there are any UK hairdressers out there that can convert what my hairdresser wrote down for me into Ozzie speak please help.

The salon at home used Clynol:

Roots: 90 + 95 6% (20 vol)

Midlengths to ends: 95 3% (10 vol)

Think there may or may not be a decimal point between the 9 numbers above.

Please if you can help as really need to get this rectified.

Thanks

i suppose if a semi was used its good news that you will be able to get it out easier, 9/0 is a light blonde and 9.5 is more like a strawberry blonde im assuming the base is put in [ 9/0 [ to help with grey coverage ?

i would find a salon that will effasor your hair , stripping it properly rather than using a weak bleach mix , at least it will leave the hair in better condition after ,

my daughter had black hair with blue splices in it and then decided she wanted to go fair @#$%^&so i stipped it with effasor then coloured it 9/5 then foiled it through blonde and caramel

her hair is down her back and it was left in good condition , i made her do a loreal treatment once a week for a month .

have a talk to a few of your local hairdressers and see what they suggest ,

You have me in a panic now I have just had my hair cut and coloured last time before I leave for Sydney in 3 weeks time, my hairdresser and I have been friends now for 8 years and I have asked her to write down my colours for me so now its panic stations to find a new hair dresser in Sydney!!!

Are there any hairdressers in Sydney on PIO that can help us out?

Guest lilianna1956

I have tried quite a few hairdressers here in Sydney and they were all very good there are loads to choose from in every suburb . I now got a rented place on north shore and go to the same guy every month . Best ask for prices 1st time you go as they seem to be more expensive than back in my home town {Gt Yarmouth } I paid $300 last time for roots , trim , and a few foils

can you not go back and complain to management at least see if you can get a refund what have you got to loose , be a bit stroppy say you will complain to the right body ! your never going back again and its so expensive here , it will go towards your next salon . i would and im a hairdresser!

can you not go back and complain to management at least see if you can get a refund what have you got to loose , be a bit stroppy say you will complain to the right body ! your never going back again and its so expensive here , it will go towards your next salon . i would and im a hairdresser!

ahhh ...pity tramway doesnt live in perth ...cause i know an excellent hairdresser :biggrin:

mrs keily

ahhh ...pity tramway doesnt live in perth ...cause i know an excellent hairdresser :biggrin:

mrs keily

OH and sarah (KB) do ,been at the bloody house all mornin me and the dog been for a bloody long walk 3 hours and still not done ,,peace now tho :jiggy:

mrs keily

Care to share? We have been here 4 weeks now and the OH is due to get her highlights done soon.

We're in Connolly but she would travel for a good recommendation.

Joondalup does have an Aveda (not sure about spelling!) that she was going to go an speak to but knows it will be a lot more expensive than back home.

Guest tramway

Even though they are outrageous prices at home not to mention here think I will have to go to T&G :unsure:

Guest tramway

mrs keily

:laugh:

Ever get to the stage where you kind of loose the fight to argue/shout & thats coming from a red head :frown:

yes i do and i know what you mean , maybe you could find a decent mobile hairdresser , id still put a complaint in to management even by phone , all the best hun it is a semi so it wont last hopefully as i said before buy a really good clarifying shampoo .

Archived