Cristian group not allowed at Easter show

Illawaralad

I can see why they've done it, and it is all religions, but when a Cristian organisation isn't allowed representation at a Cristian festival then I find it offensive to be honest. It's obvious they've done it so they don't have to turn away specific religious groups (that don't celebrate Easter) but seriously it's a bloody joke

Guest smileykylie

the royal easter show is actually an agricultural show rather than a christian celebration just happens to be held at easter this is how it started:

In 1822 the Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) was formed by a group of Sydney's leading citizens with the aim of "furthering the quality of Australia's primary production by means of contests and competitions".

the royal easter show is actually an agricultural show rather than a christian celebration just happens to be held at easter this is how it started:

In 1822 the Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) was formed by a group of Sydney's leading citizens with the aim of "furthering the quality of Australia's primary production by means of contests and competitions".

Fair enough I'll admit to not knowing that, but why name it after a religious festival if it has no bearing on it. Royal Agricultural show sounds as good doesn't it?.

Guest siamsusie

Racing & Diving PigsIMG_6721.JPG

The daredevil pigs are back, and you’d be mad to miss this display of porcine grace and talent. Eight pigs compete in a squeal-a-second sprint, then watch as Smokey the Diving Pig makes a big splash from a 4.5 metre platform into a 2-metre deep tank.

All to be had at the Royal Show Sydney:laugh::biglaugh:

Guest smileykylie

No worries mate - It is just that it is held at easter as it is school holidays and a decent'ish time of year weather wise(but it rains in sydney nearly every bloody year at easter).

Guest siamsusie

How do I thank someone for a post on here, and why haven't those pigs got crucifixes around their necks:eek:
:cute:I guess Health and Safety:wink:

Guest smileykylie

most people have a thanks button at the bottom of their posts - on the right hand side. I don't seem to or else I just can't see my own!! But that is Ok I'm not that helpful anyway!!!

Bit stupid really. However, I am not really sure what a religious group could add to the show...I guess it could be entertaining if they performed a miracle or two, or maybe you could have the Holy Joe Show bag, complete with Bible, Rosary Beards and Communion Host!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest shark

:cute:I guess Health and Safety:wink:
sorry what's it got to do with health&safety,i sure these people have as much a right as anyone else going to the show.

Guest siamsusie

sorry what's it got to do with health&safety,i sure these people have as much a right as anyone else going to the show.
:cute:der Shark, the wearing of crucifixes around the pig's neck I think was the convo regarding H & S:laugh:

Guest shark

i sure if it was your religion,you would be screaming the roof down .as for a pig wearing a cross ,how is that going to put a pig in danger.

Guest shark
:cute:der Shark, the wearing of crucifixes around the pig's neck I think was the convo regarding H & S:laugh:[/quote i dont think those Cristians find it a laughing matter:mad:

Guest siamsusie

der Shark, the wearing of crucifixes around the pig's neck I think was the convo regarding H & S[/quote i dont think those Christians find it a laughing matter:mad:
:laugh::laugh: Shark it wasnt addressed at Christians at all.. I know nothing about Christianity, it was about the Sydney Show which is an Agricutlural fest. I dont Do Christianity ok , it doesnt offend me, but I am of a totally opposite faith. There is nothing to be offended about, we are talking agriculture ok!

Guest guest17301

What faith can be so far removed from the principles of christianity to be 'opposite' Susie, care to share it with us?

Archived