Crown, Dorree Bonner or Pickfords

paulimouse

Guest sheila1971

Out of these preferred Doree bonner, we are using White and Co... their quote was by far the best and service so far fab!

Hi we had quotes from Crown and Pickfords and a smaller agent when we moved to Australia, but we chose Crown because they just seemed to be better, no problems with them and their customer service was fab, i have used Crown to return back to Uk no problems so far

Tania x

Guest juliemtaylor

We used Crown, our container should dock in the next few days. They are probably the most expensive but reliable.. The only problem we had was the container seal was broken when the packers were to load it in Uk, another was swiftly got but this was dirty on the inside floor. Crown agreed to any costs resulting directly from this dirt on the floor of the container..

So far so good!

Julie x

We ruled out Crown straight away as they were £1000 dearer than our cheapest. We also ruled out Pickfords due the crap service received from the rep. Our favourite throughout was Doree Bonner - both through recommendation and service so far but closely followed by John Mason who seemed almost as good but £300 cheaper. We are currently deciding between Doree Bonner and John Mason.

Guest Hearne_Family

Doree Bonner get my vote, very helpful and Grace their Australian partners were very good, I recieved phone calls when my box arrived and an estimated date that it would clear customs, then recieved a call a week before I was expecting to arrange delivery. 10/10 from me.

Terry

We have the above 4 shipping companies in with very similar quotes and really cannot decide which to use - any advice or recommendations would be great!!! Sorry the last one left off the title was John Masons.

Where are you from and where are you going?

We decided that Crown were the best, their customer service was excellent when quoting etc and the fact they were based in Leeds and Adelaide sealed the deal for us, as we are in Hull, and moving to Adelaide.

However, we arent actually going with anyone now as we have decided not to take anything with us except for the campervan (which will be our home for 12 months) and the dog, so no longer require a container shipping service as we can take the van as Roll on Roll off (RORO)

We are going with Doree as much cheaper than Crown, we didn't like quote from John Mason as it was by far the most expensive. Doree wanted the business as they haggled on their quote downwards to match others and also reduced the Marine Insurance to 1.5% which saved us over a £1000 alone!!

Will let you know how we get on as they start packing on Tuesday next week,

I have just had 4 quotes and Crown was the most expensive.

Atlantis Removals were the cheapest by far and were recommended to me by a friend who used them.

They have included all the same guarantees all the other firms do.

They are based in Leeds and Birmingham.

Google them!

Guest kevinboomer

Not shipping companies; PIRATES !!!!

If i ran a business like those people i would be sent to prison for extortion. Beleive me that has been the only downside to our whole move. It's a month late and not even " sorry for any inconvienience". We have been well and truly robbed . $635.00 to get from brizzy to gold coast. Shocking!!!! I not gonna make to much of a fuss yet, untill i we get our stuff ,but i can tell you i have never been treated so badly by any business. And i'm no shrinking violet!!!!

They have your stuff and they will find any reason to charge you even for looking at it.$600 for customs/AQIS. Don't forget about that.

Lets just say i'll have a little mission to be the biggest complaining arse for the next 6 months here and the UK, to these sharks.

Don't let my experience put you off.

Regards

Kev

Guest mark&robyn

Doree Bonner Nottingham, terrible! Lost valuable painting, been trying to track down but just don't bother responding.

Guest gizzmo888

Hi, we got 3 different quotes and Crown were top of the list - managed to bring quote down in line with others so fingers crossed all goes well as they are here on the 7th.

Guest kevinboomer
And the moral is to have every base and possible extra covered in advance which Atlantis are doing for me. Just hope I haven't missed anything.

The moral of the story is don't let them tell you every base is covered . It's not!!!!

Be on the case! Cos before you know it , you'll be getting a bill for $600.00.

Beleive me i'm no mug, and i played the game.

They have your stuff and they will extort every penny they can out of you!

Good luck

Kev

we had quotes from pickfords, doree bonner, and crown.

bonner the cheapest, but have since sent us a communication saying if we want to proceed and revised price needs to be issued as rates have gone up!

pickeford were in the middel and crown the dearest, however with a little haggling crown mayched pickfords, they have crown in oz and no 2nd party and their price includes aqis.

so crown it is, just waiting for exchange and completion dates from solicitor on house sale now :biggrin:

i have just posted my experience with white & company xxxxx

FANTASTIC SERVICE Cheaper xxx efficient xxx

THEY WRAP AND PACK EVERYTHING !!!! I sat in the corner like a spare part just making tea !!!!!

no hidden costs only $400 to clear customs and quarantine xxx which they tell you about the chrages on this side !!!!

it was all in the final estimate of what our furniture was worth including insurance !!!!

all documents where then passed to Kent and company who contacted us as soon as they received them

we were given tracking no so we could see where the container was !!!

our container was unloaded the day ship arrived and taken to depot xxx quarantine and customs cleared after 2 days x no waiting delivered asap next day

all boxes were ticked off and the guys unwrapped everything and checked for scratches even scratches on furniture that was there before xxx

ONE PLATE BROKEN !!! and they even asked us if we wanted to claim xxx

I also requested the boxes as we are only in a rental for 10 months and all folded and put in garage with some wrapping paper and when we are finished with them they will collect all unwanted boxes and wrapping !!!!!

God i wish everything else had been so easy !!!!!

Hmmm - we are completely in a muddle as who to choose. It's looking as though it'll be White & co, John Mason or Doree Bonner we keep changing our minds according to the latest stuff we've read! It's such a worry - but know that time will come when we shut our eyes, cross our fingers and make that final decision while hoping for the best! :goofy:

Guest sheila1971
i have just posted my experience with white & company xxxxx

FANTASTIC SERVICE Cheaper xxx efficient xxx

THEY WRAP AND PACK EVERYTHING !!!! I sat in the corner like a spare part just making tea !!!!!

no hidden costs only $400 to clear customs and quarantine xxx which they tell you about the chrages on this side !!!!

it was all in the final estimate of what our furniture was worth including insurance !!!!

all documents where then passed to Kent and company who contacted us as soon as they received them

we were given tracking no so we could see where the container was !!!

our container was unloaded the day ship arrived and taken to depot xxx quarantine and customs cleared after 2 days x no waiting delivered asap next day

all boxes were ticked off and the guys unwrapped everything and checked for scratches even scratches on furniture that was there before xxx

ONE PLATE BROKEN !!! and they even asked us if we wanted to claim xxx

I also requested the boxes as we are only in a rental for 10 months and all folded and put in garage with some wrapping paper and when we are finished with them they will collect all unwanted boxes and wrapping !!!!!

God i wish everything else had been so easy !!!!!

Sooo glad to read this as we have booked white &co too! Really impressed with quote and what they offer and it was just great to hear more pos feedback....:jiggy:

Guest sheila1971
hi there where are you heading to x

carole x

Hi Carole

We are Adelaide bound!!! And we can't wait!! :jiggy:

Sooo glad to read this as we have booked white &co too! Really impressed with quote and what they offer and it was just great to hear more pos feedback....:jiggy:

good luck in adelaide guys xxx when are you going xx keep in touch if you fancy the great ocean road xx

sorry to be cheeky but could you post on my thread !!! lol

love carole x

Archived