You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

JoRed4

Migration quotes. AQF III quotes??

Hello, I attended the Down Under Live seminar in Leeds this weekend. I have received a few quotes from migration agents. Do the quotes include the AQF qualification costs? They say Skills Assesment, does that mean application to TRA? As oppose to the actual AQF III qualfication cost. Are you supposed to have obtained the AQF III independently first before enlisting the services of an agent?

With regards to the AQF III qualification; is there any shopping around to be done in terms of who you go through i.e. Australian Skill Assessments or the asa group regarding price or is it generally the same. Who do people recommend?

Cheers

26th August 2010 Passed AQF III. 28th Nov 2011 TRA Passed. 10th Jan 2011 Submitted SA SS app. 22nd March 2011 SA SS granted. 26th March 2011 176 eVisa submitted. CO assigned 3rd May 2011.

Our agent's fixed fee was for their work. Anything else - medicals, police checks, IELTS, Skills Assessment etc..., was separate and payable to those particular organisations. I am being assessed by Vetassess and had to pay them the $540 for this. When we signed up with our agent (John Adams at immigration2oz), he broke down all the payments for us in our agreement contract.

Can't answer your questions about TRA as my job is assessed by Vetassess but I'm sure that there are others on here who can answer that for you.

Good luck

26.3.10 Vetassess submitted; 22.5.10 IELTS (Band 8.5); 18.6.10 Pos Skills Ass; 11.1.11 SA s/s applied; 22.3.11 SA SS granted; 24.3.11 176 SS visa app submitted!; 16.4.11 CO assigned; 18.5.11 PCC completed; 21.5.11 Meds completed; 10.6.11 Meds finalised + visa granted!