Health Care Assistant or Teacher Aide jobs in WA

Guest Skippyplus6

Guest Skippyplus6

Can anyone please help me regarding jobs in WA. Is it hard to get Health Care Assistant job in an old people's home or Teacher Aide job? What is the pay like in either of these jobs? I would be grateful for any information please.:biggrin:

Guest Skippyplus6
Can anyone please help me regarding jobs in WA. Is it hard to get Health Care Assistant job in an old people's home or Teacher Aide job? What is the pay like in either of these jobs? I would be grateful for any information please.:biggrin:

Can anyone help ppleeaasse!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Hi,

There is no such thing as Health Care Assistants here in Australia, they have Enrolled Nurses who - I would say- about the equalent to a UK health care assistant, and they have a slightly different role than a HCA.

In addition, we have Patient Care Assistants who do things like cleaning the beds and the rooms after a patient has gone home, helping with patient meals and stock takings etc.

I have no idea about teaching aide jobs, not sure if it exits, but I know that is very difficult to get any kind of teaching job at the moment.

Guest nettie noo noo

Hi, yes they do have HCA'S here known as assistants in nursing (AIN) in the hospital setting and personal care assistants(PCA) in the nursing homes sector. They usually like you to have a aged care 3 certificate obtainined in Oz or if from england the nvq 3 in health and social care or equivalant.

Guest JK2510

Hi

We are hoping to get to Wa and have been looking at the homecare side(its called something else in oz) it tends to be agency based and the pay is around $20ph and a fuel allowance i think is payable as well. I dont have an NVQ but years of experience. Alot of companies will be willing to offer their NVQ(whatever the oz version is)along side working.

Not sure about the teachers help!

Jodie

Guest Skippyplus6

Thank you all for your comments regarding HCA and TA jobs in WA. After getting off phone this morning, i'm now thinking about moving to S Oz instead as i've been advised that there would be more rental properties available there. Therefore does anyone know about these jobs in SA please? :cute: My 3 year old picked this smiley!!!!

Thanks

Archived