HGV - Converting to same in QLD

Guest mark&robyn

Guest mark&robyn

Hi All,

I currently hold my HGV class 2 in the UK.

I want to drive a horse truck which weighs max 8T gross, here in QLD.

Does anyone know if I need to take another test or if HGV UK is suffice?

Many Thanks.

Guest BillyDean

My experience is that you'll have to take another test, they even made me do that with my standard driving licence, that I'd had, penalty free, for 20 years.

My experience is that you'll have to take another test, they even made me do that with my standard driving licence, that I'd had, penalty free, for 20 years.

That mustve been a while ago Billydean, a car licence is a straight swap now a days, has been for a few years. Some states require you take an eye test but so far in QLD its just a straight swap.

Cal x

Guest BillyDean

I had my British licence here for about 10 years, so would have swapped around 1994-ish.

I took it in Nambucca, NSW, it was a farce, she had me driving around looking for a roundabout that she just "knew" was somewhere. When we found it, it was about six feet across and painted in the road.

Then we went off looking for a car that was parallel parked so I could do a reverse park, we eventually found one next to the bowls club. When I pulled up alongside it, it moved off. She told me to pretend it was still there and do the park.

What really peed me off was, they CANCELLED my UK licence after I got my NSW one.

Archived