Shall I or Shall I Not - Fireblade Motorbike

gaz n family

I own a third child, my fireblade, its my weekend toy which even the wife likes.

Now, is it a costly lark to import such a bike, shall i part with it in England :confused:

How expensive are simular sized bikes down under?

Last question today. Can we squeeze in the removals crate? or does it have to come over i different route, which will obviously push the cost up massively

I own a third child, my fireblade, its my weekend toy which even the wife likes.

Now, is it a costly lark to import such a bike, shall i part with it in England :confused:

How expensive are simular sized bikes down under?

Last question today. Can we squeeze in the removals crate? or does it have to come over i different route, which will obviously push the cost up massively

You can send it in your container.

Heres a link to bikesales for the CBR900. Used HONDA CBR900RR FIREBLADE Motorcycles For Sale - bikesales.com.au

Normally its cheaper and much less hassle in thre long run to sell there & buy here.

If its heavily modified, you can have issues with compliance.

If you look at bike prices on bikesales, they are not particularly cheap, but it is a buyers market at the moment. I bought a KTM 85 for my lad this week on ebay for $2025 with lots of extra's, and similar 2004/2005 models without the extras are asking $3000+.

• 1 month later...
Guest kinks01

Personally I would only use the bike on a track in aus, parents moved there 3 yrs ago .

My dad use to have an r6 here in the uk but sold befor moving and glad he did he has got 6pts and my mum 3pts, my mum got done only doing 2k's over the speed limit !!!!! they do not like speeding at all their is no pull you over and have a word it's immediate ticket . and their police cars actually register your speed when you are goimg towards them not like in the uk where they have to be behind you. Also they put cars at the side of the road that look like old sh1ters and have cameras strapped to the front so as you go passed they clock you. very sneaaky

My dad's mate in aus bought a gixer 1000 the other month and is selling it , 1. the aussie drivers are worse then london drivers when it comes to bike awareness and 2 because they are so strick on speed its too easy to lose your licence and it's too easy to rip the throttle on you blade which is why you got it ??? I know I would :biggrin:

Personally I would get a harley davison which is what my dad's looking at as he misses his road bike , but has a crosser for a bit of fun too

Just a bit of friendly advise

Oh and unlike here we paint our speed cameras and have lines on rd to advise where they are , all !!!! there cameras are hidden and point to point average speed checkers too :mad:

Keith

Guest chris955

I have bought bikes over in the past, it can be a PITA and for something ordinary may not be worthwhile. I gave up riding here a few years ago, the standard of driving and awareness is quite dreadful and I just found it too dangerous especially when I had a family. As has been said the Police are VERY keen on revenue raising and you don't get warnings.

Archived