Help with Form 80 - Skilled Independent 136 Visa Application

Guest kazzy01

Guest kazzy01

Hi All

Well I finally got off my backside and started to fill out the forms for Skilled Independent Visa 136.

I’ve started with Form 80, which at 2 pages long I thought would be simple to complete.

Anyway, as I’m doing the application myself and not using a migration agent, I thought I’d post my questions here in relation to the form and hope that some of you kind people can clarify the finer points for me on a couple of the questions.

Q1) This is a really dumb question to start with, but I’m not sure which box to tick, either “I am applying for a visa to travel to Australia as …..migrant” OR “I am applying in Australia for…….Permanent Residence”.

Q8) I am a British citizen, but it asks you to confirm date this was granted. I believe this is granted as soon as I was born, so do I simply write in my DOB there for the date granted?

Q9) It asks for details of any identity cards and social security cards held in the past. Does this relate to ones that you may have held when in Australia previously (eg on a WHV)? Or do they want details of my UK NI number, etc?

Q18) Asks for details of previous visits to Australia and asks for the “place where visa was issued”. Does this mean where you entry point into Australia was and the city on the stamp? Or does it refer to where the ETA visa I had was issued?

Many thanks for your help with this matter!

Karen

hiya ,your not on your own ,i think every question youve asked i asked my agent ,my paperworks now with dimia so it must be almost right ,

Q1,, Here i put permenant residency

Q2,,Like you have said i put our d.o.b

Q9,,Think i left this blank

Q18,Almost certain this was wrote on old visa ,possibly ,Manchester ,liverpool ,but not a 100% sure

hope this is of some help and good luck

cal x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stubbyholder
hiya ,your not on your own ,i think every question youve asked i asked my agent ,my paperworks now with dimia so it must be almost right ,

Q1,, Here i put permenant residency

Q2,,Like you have said i put our d.o.b

Q9,,Think i left this blank

Q18,Almost certain this was wrote on old visa ,possibly ,Manchester ,liverpool ,but not a 100% sure

hope this is of some help and good luck

Hi cal

just saw your post- sorry to be a pain but we've got queries with form 80 as well- hoping you can you help please? We're confused re the term "family name"What does it mean? The name you're born with or ,for females, the name you marry into? Does "other name"refer to maiden names in the case of females? .

I came to the same conclusion as you re Q8, and intend to leave Q9 blank as British born -we don't have an ID/social security card sysytem operating in the UK(yet), unless you know any different?

S

cal x

hiya ,my partner and myself arnt yet married ,so it was the surnames we were born with ,if your married it would be the marriage name,im sure there is a space for 'other names' i would put my maiden name here. almost sure i left the identity card bit blank,we had the forms checked by our agent before they were submitted so pretty sure im right,if you need any help i will try my best and good luck,,

cal x

Archived