Does our Baby born here require a Tourist Visa?

Guest johnharte

Guest johnharte

We had a lovely little baby boy which has had his Australian Passport come through today for our flights on Saturday to the UK (Holiday to bring the baby back to inlaws etc) I know he can get a UK Passport etc (we opted for the OZ one as would have been quicker)

Does he require a Tourist Visa for entry to the UK?

We will all be using our ENglish Passports..

Thanks

John

My sons flew on an aussie passport did not need any visas. However, if you have time to get a british passport saves so much time going through immigration at heathrow or gatwick. Even though I was traveling on a british passport I still had to go through the other customs/immigration area for those not travelling on british or euro passports. I did try my luck, but they said as my two children did not hold a british or euro passport I had to go and line up with everyone else. This added an extra hour with a 2 year old and 10 month old.

I am not to sure, never got round to getting them british passports, don't plan on going back anytime soon. I did have issues accessing a GP for my son who needed antibiotics whilst we were in the UK, was told I had to pay as he was not on a british passport, and he has an aussie birth certificate. Officially they have to treat aussies as the uk has a reciprocal agreement with australia, guess I was just unlucky with a jobs worth practice manager. I strongly advise registering your son with the british embassey in australia, that way there is some proof of his dual nationality. You can go onto their website and download the forms, even if you don't get the paperwork back before you go, he should be on the system. Also, if anything (god forbid, and sorry for sounding morbid) was to happen to you or your wife, your uk family members would have easier access to him than if he was just on an aussie passport. Good luck with the flight, how old is your son? I reckon the younger they are (as in not mobile) the easier the flight!!

Archived