What to include in relationship timeline?

Guest Cimbom

Guest Cimbom

Hi all,

I'm preparing to lodge my application for a partner visa in the coming weeks. Was just wondering what kinds of events and milestones people included on the relationship timeline they submitted? I have some idea about what to include but would like to hear from others too.

Hi all,

I'm preparing to lodge my application for a partner visa in the coming weeks. Was just wondering what kinds of events and milestones people included on the relationship timeline they submitted? I have some idea about what to include but would like to hear from others too.

We have started to prepare ours aswell and we included, when we met, how the relationship developed, what we did for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, special occassions, holidays, when we decided to move in together, any events including family, our planned life together when we go to Oz. We put everything in and it was 3 pages long (typed). I guess it depends on how long you have been together. If you are together 20 years I would just pick out the really important milestones for you. I would also make sure that you refer to you and your partner as "we" not I or use each of your names.

Here is the abbreviated version of ours (we did one joint statement). Hope it helps:

When we met, how we met, how we became friends, when we realised that should be more than friends. How when and why we moved in together. How we split finances.

How/when my partner met my parents. How we travelled to Australia, so I could meeet hers.

When we bought a house together and how the mortgage was split.

How we used the house as our base before making frequent visits together into Europe. Our second trip together to Australia.

Why we decided not to marry. When our son was born and my mother-in-law coming to stay with us.

How we split household chores and the family budget. How we intend to migrate for a better life for our son.

Guest Cimbom

Should we do one summarized timeline (dot points) and then individual written statements, or just the individual statements?

Archived