Banks in Tasmania

nikdavis

Hi,

My wife and I are heading to the Hobart area around July time, just trying to get everything sorted at the moment. Anyone got any advice on which bank to choose? I have read that a lot of banks charge for using ATM machines. We will not be moving a large amount of cash as we will rent out our UK home for now. Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Nik,

I'd choose the one that has a branch located near to where you will be living and working but if you want a recommendation, I've been happy with the service I've received from the Commonwealth bank to date. Staff are friendly and quick to sort things out.

H.L.

Hi,

Thanks for that i'll have a look at their website, still not settled on an area as yet although have had some recommendations that we are looking into but it will be somewhere close to Hobart. need to pull my finger out a bit, hope to be there by the end of June!

Thanks again. Nik.

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

Thanks for that i'll have a look at their website, still not settled on an area as yet although have had some recommendations that we are looking into but it will be somewhere close to Hobart. need to pull my finger out a bit, hope to be there by the end of June!

Thanks again. Nik.

Hi Nik, you could also try the Credit Unions as well. They have very favourable charges. we bank at the Westpac and NAB (all good service etc) but the Credit Unions are much cheaper imo and good to deal with. Susie:wubclub:

Connect Credit Union 144 Collins St, Hobart TAS 7000 telephone 13 2204‎

Hi Susie, Thanks for the reply. I actually had a phone call from NAB today after I had spoken to moneycorp regarding transferring our money. They seemed very helpful but I will look into all the other ones you guys have mentioned over the weekend. Talking of transferring money, I don't think we could have picked a worst time. Bugger! that's life I guess.

Thanks again.

Nik

Archived