Apply 175 visa while on Bridging visa ?

Guest ravist

Guest ravist

My Situation currently in Bridging visa waiting for 485 visa (Computer professional occupation), have been wait for 1 year already and still no decision yet. But now I already have enough point and requirement to apply 175 visa (with Electronics Engineering occoupation i just got positive result assesment). My question is can i apply 175 visa without withdraw my 485 application, so i can still working in australia with my current company while my 175 visa application in process.

thanks

Dear Ravist,

In theory there's no reason why you can't lodge an offshore application while in Australia on a bridging visa; if there's some Australian work experience as a part of your projected points, best to make sure that the work experience in question is properly documented. My preference would be to apply for the 885 if possible, since it's difficult to predict future processing priorities for the 175.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest ravist

Thanks for reply

The reason i don't want to wait 485 is my IELTS going to expire by june 2010, and also there is change in the SOL in june. So i just want to quick lodge my application as soon as possible. So i dont get the effect of many change in the future.

regards

Guest ravist

But if I wait till 485 coming out, maybe after june, should i take another IELTS test to apply 885. Also when i apply my 485 i used 50 point occupation (not in CSL), and now i already have 60 point occupation (in CSL). That why my 485 application takes too long. Is it possible to change the occupation while apply 885 after i get my 485 and still protected by the transitional provisions .

Archived