A Drink Anyone.

Guest guest37336

Guest guest37336

Hi All.

This thread may have been done before, if so I apologise, just ignore it. But I reckon it may be interesting anyway. OK, so it's a Saturday night, you are having some friends and family round to your place for a drink or two. However, this time you can invite six other people, anyone you want to, absolutely anyone. They can be from the past, present or future. Famous, or infamous. Well known, or hardly known at all. Just people you love, hate, or just want to have a chat with. Anyone that you reckon will make for an interesting mix at your place that evening.

I will start off with my half dozen:

Any First World War Soldier Who Fought In The Trenches. I would ask them how the hell when that whistle blew did they have the guts and fortitude to 'go over the top' knowing that in all likelihood they would be killed? What thoughts went through their minds at that time?

Shane Warne. Love him, loath him, a true great in the modern day era of sport. I would love to ask him how he lived with himself after blaming his Mum for his 'drug' slip up. Joking aside, a fantastic sportsman, could have watched him for hours. Reckon he would have some classic stories to tell.

The Pope. Simply, I want to know how he retains such a strong faith, even when the worst possible things happen in the world. Though I cannot understand his deeply entrenched faith, I do admire it in a strange kind of way.

Ranulph Fiennes. A great explorer, one of the few remaining. I would imagine he could keep us all entertained with his stories about the world and what his next adventure is going to be. I would ask him what he thought about while he was 'sawing' off his finger tips in his garden shed because they were so badly frost bitten after a polar expedition.

Tony Blair. Make no bones, didn't, and don't agree with his policies and ideas. But would like to know how on earth at times he dragged himself out of bed in the morning and faced yet again a barrage of criticism about Iraq etc. Was it arrogance, stupidity, self-belief, insanity?

Kate Beckingsale. AHHHHHHHHH. http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/filmsociety/07-08sem2/girl_kate_beckinsale024.jpg http://www.mohammadi.ca/media/1/20070526-normal_007.jpg http://www.vipwallpaper.com/data/media/108/Kate_Beckinsale_049.jpg :wink: (PS. The Miissus Is Out, Can You Tell). Kate wouldn't need to say anything. When I got bored with the company I would just look at Kate while she was sipping a cocktail through a straw and the world would be all good again. (I apologise to the ladies of PIO, I'm not normally sexist, but it is MY party).

Thank you.

Tony.

Hi All.

This thread may have been done before, if so I apologise, just ignore it. But I reckon it may be interesting anyway. OK, so it's a Saturday night, you are having some friends and family round to your place for a drink or two. However, this time you can invite six other people, anyone you want to, absolutely anyone. They can be from the past, present or future. Famous, or infamous. Well known, or hardly known at all. Just people you love, hate, or just want to have a chat with. Anyone that you reckon will make for an interesting mix at your place that evening.

I will start off with my half dozen:

Any First World War Soldier Who Fought In The Trenches. I would ask them how the hell when that whistle blew did they have the guts and fortitude to 'go over the top' knowing that in all likelihood they would be killed? What thoughts went through their minds at that time?

Shane Warne. Love him, loath him, a true great in the modern day era of sport. I would love to ask him how he lived with himself after blaming his Mum for his 'drug' slip up. Joking aside, a fantastic sportsman, could have watched him for hours. Reckon he would have some classic stories to tell.

The Pope. Simply, I want to know how he retains such a strong faith, even when the worst possible things happen in the world. Though I cannot understand his deeply entrenched faith, I do admire it in a strange kind of way.

Ranulph Fiennes. A great explorer, one of the few remaining. I would imagine he could keep us all entertained with his stories about the world and what his next adventure is going to be. I would ask him what he thought about while he was 'sawing' off his finger tips in his garden shed because they were so badly frost bitten after a polar expedition.

Tony Blair. Make no bones, didn't, and don't agree with his policies and ideas. But would like to know how on earth at times he dragged himself out of bed in the morning and faced yet again a barrage of criticism about Iraq etc. Was it arrogance, stupidity, self-belief, insanity?

Kate Beckingsale. AHHHHHHHHH. http://elc.polyu.edu.hk/filmsociety/07-08sem2/girl_kate_beckinsale024.jpg http://www.mohammadi.ca/media/1/20070526-normal_007.jpg http://www.vipwallpaper.com/data/media/108/Kate_Beckinsale_049.jpg :wink: (PS. The Miissus Is Out, Can You Tell). Kate wouldn't need to say anything. When I got bored with the company I would just look at Kate while she was sipping a cocktail through a straw and the world would be all good again. (I apologise to the ladies of PIO, I'm not normally sexist, but it is MY party).

Thank you.

Tony.

1 Muhammed Ali

2 Kiri Te Kanawa

3 Neil Armstrong

4 Mahatma Gandi

5 Richard Dimbleby

I don,t know what the menu or wine list could be,

What do you think it could be to suit everyone?

Guest guest36187

Billy Connolly - For the laughs!

Billy Joel - for the music

John Lennon - to get the inside scoop on the Beatles

George Clooney - So I can enlighten him that marriage is a good idea for him!

Barack Obama - The guy fascinates me!

James Phillips - My maternal grandad! He died when I was 17 + there is so much I`d liek to know about him and life with my Nan

1 Bill shankly

The man who turned Liverpool FC from a two bob 2nd division club into a world institution

2 Bob dylan

To entertain the guest

3 thatcher

So i could ignore her and put her on her own at the end of a 30ft dining table,and give her dripping butties and a glass of vimto for her meal

4 Salma hayek

:notworthy:Just because!

5 yes kate beckinsale

But i'd invite her round 3 months earlier,keep her in a shed and force feed her southern fried chicken,pans of scouse and chicken fried rice and onion gravy till she fattened up,and she would be dressed in leather

6 David attenborough

Because i love his programmes and he could tell a million tales,and seems a good egg

Guest guest17301

Ooooh good one..

Here's my PIO 6

Ali

Pablo

Yorkshire Pom

Tracey123 (Geoffrey)

Aldo

Gollywobbler

I reckon that would make for an interesting evenings chat!

My Grandad - he died the year after I was born, I have a photo of him holding me, he looked so proud being a grandad ... I'd like to show him the person i've become.

Jeff Hardy - WWE superstar, poet and musician - he fascinates me ( and it helps that he's not bad looking).

Dawn French - she's witty and bright

Billy Joel - for the music and the chat (he's very funny)

Steve Redgrave - he helped my son with a project he was doing and sent him a signed photo - I'd like to tell him what a top bloke he is.

Eric Cantona - Just because he's Eric Cantona, I don't care if he talks about trawlers and sardines ... he's Eric Cantona !!

Ooooh good one..

Here's my PIO 6

Ali

Pablo

Yorkshire Pom

Tracey123 (Geoffrey)

Aldo

Gollywobbler

I reckon that would make for an interesting evenings chat!

You'd rope us all in to clean the house tho fi:yes::biglaugh:

1 george Soros ,, whats it like to rule the world

2 Albert Einstein help sort my money out , be a piece of after the theory of relativity

3 Captain James Stirling asked how big his block was and how much it was and who he built with at the swan river colony (perth)

4 david bowie neets entertainment

5 Thatcher the grantham witch, fly to northern england in winter invite it and say if you are cold put some coal on the fire " Oh sorry we got none you shut all the pits "

6 Oliver reed , lets parteeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My Grandad - he died the year after I was born, I have a photo of him holding me, he looked so proud being a grandad ... I'd like to show him the person i've become.

Jeff Hardy - WWE superstar, poet and musician - he fascinates me ( and it helps that he's not bad looking).

Dawn French - she's witty and bright

Billy Joel - for the music and the chat (he's very funny)

Steve Redgrave - he helped my son with a project he was doing and sent him a signed photo - I'd like to tell him what a top bloke he is.

Eric Cantona - Just because he's Eric Cantona, I don't care if he talks about trawlers and sardines ... he's Eric Cantona !!

Nah eric le cochon played for Wendy

Guest guest17301
You'd rope us all in to clean the house tho fi

Are you saying my house is dirty Pablo?:dull:

Ali has it right, you boys would be in pinnies with feather dusters and me and the gals would be suppin and telling you where you'd missed a bit:biglaugh:

Guest guest17301
There mite be some disappearing acts :Randy-git: bit of anglo espanic cordiale

Oi! just be grateful I invited you.:hug:

Guest guest17301
Yes sorry who to have a drink with ,aaah yes your old man its his round I got em in the woody last year lmbo

You're welcome any time at ours Mal you know that! Pete will save you a can of his finest 'Emu draught':swoon:

Archived