Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest man2010

Doctors' thread

Recommended Posts

Dear Yasir, Janh,


Thanks for the info and advice! The quote was Avant. I am waiting for more quotes before I decide.


Dear Stu,


I spoke to a couple of clinics before signing a contract. I agree with Backtodemocracy's comment that it is important to understand the commercial side of things. For example, besides billings from consultations, clinics are paid incentives for a variety of services. Patients are also charged for medical reports. Might be worthwhile to check if percentage of billings is extended to these extras.


Cheers, John

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks All. What have you found the average earnings to be like - there seems to be a wide range variation, I assume dependant upon billings. I am struggling to make a decision at the moment as I am a partner in a high earning practice with great partners 5 minutes from home, but with the usual crazy NHS partner workload spending weekends in the rain. The job I've been offered in Aus is in a great location, the practice seems lovely, 9-5, Monday-Friday but with a bit of uncertainty about the income - a GP working there suggested one figure, the owners suggest that he is a low biller and that average earnings are much higher, so I suspect it'll be a bit of a risk - we have 3 young kids so need a reasonable income and of course I wouldn't have the flexibility on a 457 visa to do some additional work elsewhere if income turning out to be not that good. I know that I've got to make a decision but what are everyone's experience and thoughts?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. I am on PR in Australia and intend to bring my future wife to Australia. She is a fresh MBBS doctor. I have a few queries:


1) Which visa do you guys suggest I should use to move her to australia when we are married?


2) How much overseas experience is required to find a supervised training in australia?


3) Should I encourage her to complete her house job first (1 year overseas on-job training) and then move to Australia so as to increase her experience?


4) As you are aware, that she will need to give AMC too. So what visa should I use to bring her to Australia keeping in view that she will be a spouse of PR?


5) Will clearing AMC part 1 and 2 exam assist in getting a job?


Need your guidance guys. I am an engineer and dont know much about medical processes. Your guidance will be highly appreciated. I am looking for the best and cheapest route to bring her to australia.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
The ladies come to me when they want to bring a little spice into their life.

I usually prescribe something for them to take orally:wink:


You mean lady boys

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now