Doctors' thread

Guest man2010

Dear Yasir, Janh,

Thanks for the info and advice! The quote was Avant. I am waiting for more quotes before I decide.

Dear Stu,

I spoke to a couple of clinics before signing a contract. I agree with Backtodemocracy's comment that it is important to understand the commercial side of things. For example, besides billings from consultations, clinics are paid incentives for a variety of services. Patients are also charged for medical reports. Might be worthwhile to check if percentage of billings is extended to these extras.

Cheers, John

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks All. What have you found the average earnings to be like - there seems to be a wide range variation, I assume dependant upon billings. I am struggling to make a decision at the moment as I am a partner in a high earning practice with great partners 5 minutes from home, but with the usual crazy NHS partner workload spending weekends in the rain. The job I've been offered in Aus is in a great location, the practice seems lovely, 9-5, Monday-Friday but with a bit of uncertainty about the income - a GP working there suggested one figure, the owners suggest that he is a low biller and that average earnings are much higher, so I suspect it'll be a bit of a risk - we have 3 young kids so need a reasonable income and of course I wouldn't have the flexibility on a 457 visa to do some additional work elsewhere if income turning out to be not that good. I know that I've got to make a decision but what are everyone's experience and thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. I am on PR in Australia and intend to bring my future wife to Australia. She is a fresh MBBS doctor. I have a few queries:

1) Which visa do you guys suggest I should use to move her to australia when we are married?

2) How much overseas experience is required to find a supervised training in australia?

3) Should I encourage her to complete her house job first (1 year overseas on-job training) and then move to Australia so as to increase her experience?

4) As you are aware, that she will need to give AMC too. So what visa should I use to bring her to Australia keeping in view that she will be a spouse of PR?

5) Will clearing AMC part 1 and 2 exam assist in getting a job?

Need your guidance guys. I am an engineer and dont know much about medical processes. Your guidance will be highly appreciated. I am looking for the best and cheapest route to bring her to australia.

BR,

Akbar

Archived