Good (cheap) car hire in Perth recommended

abz123

Rented from Avis at Perth airport for convenience on arrival. No problems recommending them but they are expensive. Our Holden station wagon was not available so we were upgraded to a big Nissan 4x4 which was great for all the luggage.

Swapped out to Bayswater car rental who run a fleet of new Toyota Corollas at a much lower cost than Avis and are quite close to the airport. Their spin is that getting a taxi from the airport to their place is still going to save you money compared to renting from a major at the airport.

They do satnav too for $5 a day but I don't think they do child seats (we already had a hire arranged for ours separately)

Only "issue" is that they will charge the insurance excess to your card at the start of the hire and refund it when you drop it off so there good be a currency gain / loss as a result, but if a Corolla is big enough for your needs then definitely give them a shout.

Rented from Avis at Perth airport for convenience on arrival. No problems recommending them but they are expensive. Our Holden station wagon was not available so we were upgraded to a big Nissan 4x4 which was great for all the luggage.

Swapped out to Bayswater car rental who run a fleet of new Toyota Corollas at a much lower cost than Avis and are quite close to the airport. Their spin is that getting a taxi from the airport to their place is still going to save you money compared to renting from a major at the airport.

They do satnav too for $5 a day but I don't think they do child seats (we already had a hire arranged for ours separately)

Only "issue" is that they will charge the insurance excess to your card at the start of the hire and refund it when you drop it off so there good be a currency gain / loss as a result, but if a Corolla is big enough for your needs then definitely give them a shout.

They all charge you excess and a fee to lower it , be prepared to get anunlimited kms deal as it can prove costly if you dont

Hired from Avis at Perth airport for convenience on arrival with 2 year old and heaps of baggage. Holden SW was not available so we were upgraded to a big Nissan 4x4 which was ideal but being a "premium" brand it was an expensive hire.

Swapped out to Bayswater rental who run a fleet of new Toyota Corollas at very reasonable prices. Satnav is an additional $5 per day.

Only "down side" is that they charge the insurance excess to your card at the start of the hire then refund it when you return the car. Not a big deal at $300 but there could be an exchange gain or loss over the period of your hire.

Think they might be national in Oz so definitely worth a look if it;s a big enough vehicle for your needs.

• 2 months later...
I found Burswood Car Rentals to be a very good local car hire company. They have an excellent airport service, better than anyone else I've used.

Hi Thomasz and welcome to PIO ... I'm always a little cautious when people join and recommend companies on their first post lol ... you don't work for Burswood do you?

• 2 years later...
Guest sadafkhan

A person hire a rental car with the motive of having a comfortable driving as this is a private traveling medium and in this case he obviously expect respect, care and positive attitude from the service provider. But we cannot say that all Rental Car Hiring agencies are same.

If you want cheap go for Backpacker car rentals in Fremantle or World of Cars also Fremantle. They are both VERY no frills but cost from $110 a week (that's without aircon, if you are arriving in the summer you need aircon!)

http://www.backpackercarrentals.com.au/

It depends how long you want to rent for - if it's a couple of weeks then get a hire car from the airport for the first couple of days, pick up a car from either of these places and take the expensive hie car back. We actually considered renting one instead of buying a car after I gave up my comapny car but you can't drive outside of Perth metro area (which is huge but we like to go camping and stuff)

Archived