and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest leojack

How long to wait for 886 visa ???

Guest leojack

I have lodged my file my in august 09 for 886 but still its not been moved i dont knw how long do i need to wait for it to open and i m confused is it worth to wait for it or shall i try to get 7 bands in ielts and go for 887 as i hav completed my master in commerce. Very confused and worried plzz plzz some give me suggestion or any1 who had gone through 886 pls share ur experience i m really worried for this.

Guest Jane1991

If I were in your shoes I would never wait for a visa that long.If it happens in 5-6 months good enough ..if not I would rather focus on my career than a mere visa...

Why don't you move to another country where you might land a job commensurate with your abilities rather than your residency status ?

Can you get onto CSL or SS(oopps you have 886) ...that will help

Whats your nominated occupation ?

I'd say pay some bogan chick to get married to you :-):jiggy:

Guest Seb

Chillax mate. August 2009 is not that far back. Try August 2008 or even try the 2007 dinosaurs.

886 family or SS route? Even if you improve your IELTS, you will still be 886 but will be on CSL. 887 is for RSMS regional, if you are willing to move out to the sticks.

I'd say pay some bogan chick to get married to you :-):jiggy:

That's my plan B :laugh:. Actually, I don't even need to go that far as defacto is perfectly recognised in OZ.

Guest leojack

Actually my nominated occ is Accountant and my 886 is like my aunt (Paternal) is sponsering me. So does it really mean that i hav to wait for 2 years from the time i have lodge ?

Guest Neyyo
Actually my nominated occ is Accountant and my 886 is like my aunt (Paternal) is sponsering me. So does it really mean that i hav to wait for 2 years from the time i have lodge ?

@leojack Hi, it's been over a year since you posted this. Kindly update us on the forum on your progress thus far?