register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest heljef1

Flights booked.... Woohoo!!!!

Guest heljef1

Hi All. I'm so excited:biggrin:. We've booked our flights today. Leave UK on 29th May and arrive in Adelaide (Hallett Cove) on 31st May. Flying with Singapore Airlines........ What a mother's day present!!!!

Has anyone got any advice regarding flights or even on the area where we're going....

Many thanks:notworthy:

Kind regards

Helen x

Hi Helen, congratulations with your move. Just thought I'd drop you a quick lina about the flights. Firstly if you have the oppotunity to, then I highly recommend a few days in Singapore. Plenty to see and do and will be a good place to break the journey up in.

Secondly I guess you'll be on the A380. I know the last time I travelled to Singapore, SIA had 3 daily flights from Heathrow and one of those was a 747. If you are on the A380, try and contact the airline and reserve seats. Upper deck are great as there are fewer economy class seats and when the flight disembarks the upper level clears faster. You have chosen well going with SIA as their customer service etc is better than any other airline I've used.

Can't help you regarding Adelaide as we are Perth bound.

Good luck and Kind regards

Ronnie Rocket

TRA Passed 22/06/2009,SS 475 (SA) grant Jul 09,475 lodged 24/07/09, SS 176 (WA) grant Aug 09,176 lodged 28/08/09 CO request Meds & Police Checks 05/08/2009 176 Visa Issued 19/01/2010, Forecast Date Perth 31/08/2010:biggrin:.

Guest heljef1

Thanks Ronnie Rocket. We reserved our seats but didn't get the top deck but nevermind. Just looking forward to going.

We're only in Singapore for about 6 hours so not sure what we'll have time to do. Our kids might be too tired to want to go anywhere but we'll see....

Kind regards

Helen

Guest Sebbers

Hi Helen,

Congratulations your finally off, I can't quite believe it, hopefully, our one way ticket will be booked very soon. Good luck to you all

Andrea x

Guest Finchy84
Thanks Ronnie Rocket. We reserved our seats but didn't get the top deck but nevermind. Just looking forward to going.

We're only in Singapore for about 6 hours so not sure what we'll have time to do. Our kids might be too tired to want to go anywhere but we'll see....

Kind regards

Helen

Dont bother leaving the airport, Changi airport rocks and there is quite a lot of things to do there, including the butterfly garden in Terminal 3 and the Koi Carp pond in Terminal 2. Not to mention cheapish duty free.

If you want to have a shower there are also lounges which charge for it, I think its only like $15SGD so I think its worth it. Nothing better than having a shower after a 12 hour flight from London.