Vetassess Plumbing Practical

kevin jc

Hello All

I'm curious as to what the day involves for plumbing practical as im booked in for june.

Anyone done the last one and like to give an insight as to what the day holds? I and maybe a few others booked for june would very much appreciate it.

have read a great post by Wingywangwoo that covers it very well and have linked it as that should help others to.

Im just wondering has it changed much since then?

anyway

All The Best

Kev

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/55106-plumbing-vetasses-saga-day.html

• 1 year later...
Guest mdeejacks
Hello All

I'm curious as to what the day involves for plumbing practical as im booked in for june.

Anyone done the last one and like to give an insight as to what the day holds? I and maybe a few others booked for june would very much appreciate it.

have read a great post by Wingywangwoo that covers it very well and have linked it as that should help others to.

Im just wondering has it changed much since then?

anyway

All The Best

Kev

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/55106-plumbing-vetasses-saga-day.html

hello kev,

i've read that post before it give a good insight into the day. i'm booked on for the end of this month so will be able to fill you in with some info once it;s done. have you had to do english test, if so how did you get on.

also i thought you would have done your practical by now as you advised me on the paper based one about 5 weeks ago.

good luck with everything

cheers

jack

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mdeejacks

hello kev,

i did the test yesterday and to be fair it wasn't all that!. i worried a lot about it and did study which i thought was helpful on some of the technical questions. don't stress is the answer as some of the technical questions are really simple like what 4 parts of your body do you think are mostly in need of protection. head, eyes, hands and feet, as you can see it's not all that problematic. there were questions on roofs, lpg, health and safety, welding, gas (simple). the practical was easy too, plumb and basin and toilet to the correct falls. make a pre designed frame made up of 15 mm with a 55mm set, plastic pipework, 22mm pipework pulled at 90 degrees then flared. this was then tested to a given pressure dependent on what he said the mains pressure was.

the other thing was to pipe up to an imaginary meter and around the wall to pick up 2 boilers

good luck

if you got anymore questions let me know

cheers

jack

Hello Jack

Hope you and yours are well, sounds like the test does not change then, was the very same for me back in May last year and as you said pretty basic and simple enough.

Looks like you aced it then, well done mate all systems go now.

When are you lodging your app?

I lodged in october and had a case officer 3 weeks later the wife wanted another baby so i had to step up to the plate so yep,,preggers,,and you cant do the Medical when you are so it all has gone on hold for a bit.

She is due in 6 weeks or so so then we will get back on it, do the meds and take the last step.

Well mate well done and keep us posted as to how it goes from here.

All the best

Kev

hello kev,

i did the test yesterday and to be fair it wasn't all that!. i worried a lot about it and did study which i thought was helpful on some of the technical questions. don't stress is the answer as some of the technical questions are really simple like what 4 parts of your body do you think are mostly in need of protection. head, eyes, hands and feet, as you can see it's not all that problematic. there were questions on roofs, lpg, health and safety, welding, gas (simple). the practical was easy too, plumb and basin and toilet to the correct falls. make a pre designed frame made up of 15 mm with a 55mm set, plastic pipework, 22mm pipework pulled at 90 degrees then flared. this was then tested to a given pressure dependent on what he said the mains pressure was.

the other thing was to pipe up to an imaginary meter and around the wall to pick up 2 boilers

good luck

if you got anymore questions let me know

cheers

jack

Guest mdeejacks
Hello Jack

Hope you and yours are well, sounds like the test does not change then, was the very same for me back in May last year and as you said pretty basic and simple enough.

Looks like you aced it then, well done mate all systems go now.

When are you lodging your app?

I lodged in october and had a case officer 3 weeks later the wife wanted another baby so i had to step up to the plate so yep,,preggers,,and you cant do the Medical when you are so it all has gone on hold for a bit.

She is due in 6 weeks or so so then we will get back on it, do the meds and take the last step.

Well mate well done and keep us posted as to how it goes from here.

All the best

Kev

i'm getting myself confused, i thought i saw in one of your posts that you were doing the test in june. i'm checking several times daily to see if result has been posted. i'm trying to scrape in before 1st of july as i'll struggle for points after and they will require me to do an english test which i have already failed. you require a score of 8 out of nine in each module and i scored 9 speaking 8.5 writing 8.5 listening and 7.5 reading. even though my overall is 8.5 they still won't give me the points i desperately need. fingers crossed on the vetassess and the ss. thanks for pointing out about the pregnant thing too. just cleared that up with agent. if my missus gets pregnant everything freezes including my age which is great as i'm 39 another reason to speed things up as once over 40 (not enough points)

good luck with the baby too

cheers

jack

Archived