Tram restaurant

theonetruechris

Guest proud2beaussie

I've been on it many times Chris but not for a few years though,when I last went on it the food was good and the wine was quite acceptable,it's an interesting way to have dinner and see a bit of Melbourne at the same time.

Hope you have a great,enjoyable evening.,please post a review afterwards.

Cheers

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Chris

Haven't been on there myself, although I know a few people who have said it was great food. Will look forward to your review, have a lovely night.

Kate

Not wanting to advertise but my boss came back from the meat and wine company (opposite the crown) saying its the best steak (waygu) he's ever had - for some reason I believe aussies more on this they live steak don't they - so thats for next week. I think it'd be good to have a sticky 'recommends' post in the victoria bit for these type of things.

Anyone done it, I've booked for sunday early tea $77 a head including drinks - thought I might as well try it I'll post a review up after (unless I really get my monies worth ie. pie eyed)in case others are considering it.

Went last time in 98. was quite good food, and great ambience.

Guest sylcaddies

Have also been on this two weeks ago - agree with the above post, Joe is fantastic and makes everyone laugh. Food fantastic and lots of great drinks to choose from - enjoy the ride and sights.

Guest Prickles83

would be very interested in this as my mum and dad in law arrive in two weeks and looking to book for easter weekend

Guest karl n
Anyone done it, I've booked for sunday early tea $77 a head including drinks - thought I might as well try it I'll post a review up after (unless I really get my monies worth ie. pie eyed)in case others are considering it.

Went on for dinner in '07, it was awesome! food was good & the drinks were flowing (the waiters never left you without one!!)

We went on it a couple of years ago in the evening, it was a great night out, food was good, plenty of drink and the service was excellent. It was a great experience, we thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would recommend it to anyone.

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh dear Chris and Kelly, you haven't posted to tell us how you went, does this mean you have food poisoning:radar::wink:

Guest The Pom Queen
Went on for dinner in '07, it was awesome! food was good & the drinks were flowing (the waiters never left you without one!!) Also i asked my wife to marry me on the tram that night so it holds special memories for us.

What a lovely romantic night.:wubclub:

Sorry, father in law hogging laptop. Still when you come halfway across the world to see your daughter and grandson its the internet that holds your attention. Anyhoo rant over. We went for a quick snifter before hand in the crown complex (lagerfield bar I believe) that wasn't tacky as I'd thought so will return back there. As for the tram restraunt we got on the table was set with crackers and dip - this was the starter not a preamble to the meal, We all went for the steak it was beautiful the rosti potato and veg was a letdown though, but more than made up for by the steak. pudding was nice overall atmosphere was superb and they made my son feel most welcome aboard (he's only 4 and I find some restraunts and patrons disparaging of kids) the drinks were constantly being topped up. I found the timing just right to eat and drink before getting back and despite it only being crackers to start I left feeling I'd eaten and drunk enough (I'm a large mammal) and had a superb time. Well recomended for families and couples, special occasions visiting family members / friends to get a feel of mebourne or just for a cracking meal. I will be going back on it.

ps. we had joe as the matre'd he's quite a colourful character

Guest The Pom Queen

Glad to hear you are still with us.

It sounds like you had a wonderful night. I think we may have to try it sometime.

Thanks for the update Chris.

Kate

Archived