176-Family sponsored!

Guest lindyverm04

Guest lindyverm04

Hi!

My husband and I lodged our application in July last year(2009) -176 Family sponsored. We have heard nothing. We decided to go this route as we want to live near family in Brisbane. We have been led to believe that 176(Family sponsored) visas can take a while to process. A lot of people have advised us to go State Sponsored - are there states that are still sponsoring? How long do you have to live in that state before you can move? I am a primary school teacher.

Is there anyone in a similar situation/ can offer advice/suggestions?

Getting itchy feet!!!:confused:

Guest Mary Cockerill

Hi Lindy

You would have to check each of the States specific lists of occupations offered under the 176 or 475 programme. If the occupation classification you obtained for your 176 Skilled Family sponsored visa is on the state specific list you can apply for State sponsorship. Some of the states do have 'off list' sponsorship opportunities, but each one is different. Hope that helps.

Guest pippa1

Hi

I am in pretty much the same situation as you. Unfortunately Qld don't sponsor teachers, and they also have a very strict off list 'list'. I applied for off list sponsorship, I work full time as voctional teacher and they would not sponsor me, even though I am paid by Qld government!!

I would look at other states if I was you, otherwise you will be in this queue that never moves.....

Good luck with whatever you decide x

Archived