You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Gollywobbler

Review of State Specific Migration Mechanisms?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

It is just gone 01:00 in the UK and I am tired and heading for bed.

I made a last check of my e-mails and discovered that there is a Hearing today about the Migration with Disabilities Inquiry - which is a subject dear to my heart.

I can't find anything about that, despite clicking on the link in the e-mail.

However I discovered that the Joint Standing Committee on Migration either has met or soon will meet in order to discuss a Review of State Specific Migration Mechanisms. The link is here:

Parliament of Australia: Live Broadcasting

Does anybody know what it is about, please? Is it significant to the applicants who are about to apply to migrate to Oz?

Joint Standing Committee on Migration: Index

Hmmmm! Well - I'm pretty sure that I have found the right committee but the only thing that it is discussing seems to be the migration treatment of disability? I did not think that the Joint Standing Committee on Migration is dealing with the Disability issue, though? Also there is no reference to State Specific Migration Mechanisms, so I am now thoroughly confused!

Is there a typo in the APH website or am I just too tired to work this out properly, please?

Many thanks :notworthy:

Gill

Hi Gill,

When I clicked on your first link I got an error message but in going to the website with the 2nd link and going to live broadcasts I see there was something Weds EDT at 11am til 12 noon which I've missed as it is now after 1.30pm there.

This page definitely says it is in relation to state migration mechanisms:

Parliament of Australia: Live Broadcasting

Sandra

Sandra Maxfield LLB (Hons), BA

www.eurekamigration.com; Lawyer admitted in Victoria, Australia & New York, USA. MARN 1066311

Hi Gill,

That's a report they did some time ago, see Contents . But if ever a topic needed to be revisited, it would be this one - there are still competing definitions of what's "regional" and bringing the state governments into serious decision-making makes the whole process cumbersome and complext for ordinary applicants.

Cheers,

George Lombard

George Lombard LLB(Hons) Fellow of the Migration Institute of Australia

MARN 9601056 george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au

www.austimmigration.com.au