[9 Mar 09] WA no longer accepting/processing SS for Off-list occupations!

Guest dragsterwish

Guest dragsterwish

Latest news regarding WA SS!

"From 9 of March 2010, The State Migration Centre will no longer be able to accept or process sponsorship applications for off-list occupations for the Skilled Sponsored Visa.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) allocated 500 off-list places to Western Australia for the 2009/2010 Project Year and this quota has now been met. A quota of off-list places for the 2010/2011 project year is yet to be confirmed."

State Migration Centre » Skilled Migration

Guest dragsterwish
Not sure what that means?? My husbands job is on the non csl list is that still ok?? (Floor Finisher)

The above news refers to those occupations not in the Western Australia Occupation In Demand List (WAOIDL).

State Migration Centre » Skilled Migration

If your hubby's job is not in this list, its considered Off-list & WA will no longer be processing it.

I think there's more questions about what is going to happen to those who have already submitted (under Off-list occupation). Will WA be keeping their application till next cycle or rejecting them and for them to re-apply again?

Hope someone can clarify this with WA.

Guest skipling

This is the worst news. My application is off-list and I have no idea if it's been process, declined or pooled. Guess I'll be making a call in the morning.

Guest dragsterwish
This is the worst news. My application is off-list and I have no idea if it's been process, declined or pooled. Guess I'll be making a call in the morning.

Yeah, the worst part is being kept in doubt about what they are going to do with the current Off-list application. :arghh:

You should give them a call. Do share with us what's their reply.

Guest Gollywobbler
Not sure what that means?? My husbands job is on the non csl list is that still ok?? (Floor Finisher)

Hi there

Floor Finishers are on the WA List of occupations in demand in WA, so the news about off-list occupations does not concern you, you will be releieved to hear.

Cheers

Gill

Guest skipling

Just spoke to WA - they can't make a decision on existing apps until they get the new allotment from DIAC. Waiting and Hoping! I'm not having any luck at the moment though.:nah:

Guest dragsterwish
Well... this way is better tho. They should announce if the quota is already met and that they wont process anymore to avoid backlog. If only DIAC has a system LIKE THIS on visa process!

Yeah, if they have something like a meter that shows the stats of visa quota left and current processing number....

Guest dragsterwish
Just spoke to WA - they can't make a decision on existing apps until they get the new allotment from DIAC. Waiting and Hoping! I'm not having any luck at the moment though.:nah:

Wish you luck and hope they pool your application till next allotment is out.

Archived