should she stay or can she go, doggy dilemma 2.

Guest kazmatt

Guest kazmatt

hi somebody posted me, to say they think that dogs with snub noses are not allowed to fly any longer, does anybody know if this is true, we have a british bulldog :twitcy:.

TRA POSTED 23/05/07

Guest kdal

Oh Dear, I hope it's not true for you!!

Someone should be able to help you, will your vets know?

Gd luck

Guest kazmatt

Hi, Just Checked An Old Post From October And They Had Problems Trying To Find An Airline To Take Her British Bulldog Due To Respiratory Problems In The Breed, Does Anyone Know If They Can Be Shipped To Oz.

Hiya

I have found this link to the Oz Gov site for importing pets.

http://www.daffa.gov.au/aqis/cat-dogs

And this is an extract from the site,

Breed: Under the legislation of the Australian Customs Service ACS) dogs of the following breeds are not eligible for importation into Australia. The ACS can be contacted on 61 2 6245 5484 or 1300 363 263

· dogo Argentino

· fila Brazileiro

· Japanese tosa

· Pit bull terrier or American pit bull

· Presa Canario

It seems that British Bulldogs aren't on the list so I think that the problem may be with the shippers rather than the Ozzies.

I would ring around a few and ask.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sam xxx

I think those dogs are on the list because they are classed as dangerous dogs,and hence banned from the country. Those breeds are also banned from entering this country.

I think the issue lies with the snub nosed breed of dog. The airlines are refusing to fly them because of the respiratory problems associated with this kind of dog.

Kaz, I had a thought this morning.

Instead of asking your vet about whether your dog is able to fly to Oz

Why don't you give one of the pet shippers like Airpets or Golden Arrow a quick call.

If anyone is going to be totally up to date with things I'm sure it will be them.

Hope this helps

Debs x x x x

Guest carmen

Hi there, we are taking our dogs, and ones is a BOXER,we have checked with the company thats flying her,(air pets)and they have no problems,even though she can snorrrrr for england.GOOD LUCK.

Archived