Don't worry, be happy! (Mrs. Kav being smoke free has lost it!)

Guest MrsKav

Guest MrsKav

Since falling in love with my wonderful aussie husband, we have been on a roller coaster that has lasted almost 6 years. The last eight months have been spent stressing about a spouse visa which I am finally just about ready to put my papers in for( in London)! I have a CXR and medical this Thursday which has caused no end of worrying because I have smoked since I was 17 and stressing about this visa has only caused me to smoke more. Today I have given up, gone running and eaten the entire contents of the fridge in a bid not to smoke! So if my visa is granted I will be one very porky English wife arriving in Melbourne but at least I will be smoke free! Then it hit me after reading so many other people's posts and just how stressed out we all are about these visa's, is it worth worrying so much it causes me to feel ill? Yes I want to be with my husband but I am not going to stress anymore, if they don't grant me a visa.... it's not the end of the world as I used to think it would be. Yes it would be terrible but now we are out of the dark winter months, England is not that bad a place to live. It could be worse! I love my job, I look after older people with dementia and I love to chew the fat about the good old days when England was great! And if my husband (who qualifies for an Irish passport) really couldn't stand living here, well that's life. NO WORRIES, that's what I say!!!! (maybe being smoke free has really got to me!). Oh and I failed the IELTS and I don't care either, I know I speak English proper good rite! So to all of you from my heart ... Don't worry, be happy. Maybe our destiny is pre determined though the thought of another winter in England does chill me to the bone! Love to all wherever you are xxx :biggrin:

Mrs Kav, I smoke & have asthma & was fine on the medical, Have a fag hun, if your lungs are affected stopping now won't help your medical. Have a fag hun & pack them in when your more relaxed. Good on you for doing it though. Good luck I'm sure you will be fine X

Guest MrsKav

LOL Thanxs Hun u r sweet! I have decided if they don't want me and my emphysemic lungs then NO WORRIES will stay in old blighty, smoke and be happy! Do they make you strip on the medical? Someone said they feel ure boobs! Just wondering if my husband is worth all this stress (only joking babe if you read this!). Good luck to you in Perth, it's a beautiful place. 2 days and no ciggies and Mrs Kav is still smiling. This site has been my lifeline xxx

Hi, You strip your top half but leave your bra on. No boob feeling involved, just listenes to your chest while taking deep breaths. If your chest is a bit rattley, just tell him your gettting over a bad cold LOL. Good luck X

Archived