Heelllppp

Guest karni

Hi,

Was hoping someone could help me with a few questions....have just started into the whole 136 general skilled migration visa and it is all quite daunting.....

any advice on any of the below would be much much appreciated...

1) I am a chartered accountant and am unsure what specific letters (eg 'good standing' & 'Professional Conduct Directorate') I require from ICAEW for the skills assessment to be sent to the ICAA. Has anyone else used the ICAEW for this??

2) I am very reluctant to pay to use a migration agent. Is it wise to go it alone or do-able..for anyone thats come through the other end?

3) Is it best to front load your medical and policecheck (and risk the 12 month expiry) or wait until they are requested from DIMIA?

4) What is the current processing time...I have done some research into earlier applications but am concerned that the number of applications is increasing steadily and the processing time will now be much longer...

like say..any advice at all would be much much appreciated...

Hi, I have just submitted my application. I decided to do it all myself and eventually got everything together. I am ACCA qualified and went with NIA for my assessment (took about 10 weeks). They just needed my transcript of results plus certificate and because I was exempt from some exams due to my BA degree, syllabus details and certificate of that.

With regards to my police check, I decided I wanted to enclose it with my application from the beginning so had that done (took 40 days). As I am in Australia at the moment, I had to enclose proof I had made an appointment for my medical.

Archived