any meets in essex

Guest the greenwoods

Guest kimdownie

Hello again,

As you can see we are not in Essex but dont mind a bit of travelling, I dont know anywhere around essex to suggest, but somewhere that is easily accessable via main routes would be good and would interest more people into coming....

any suggestions??

Yo Baggos!!, hows the sun burn??

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone

saw the thread and just thought i would let you know that i have been organising a couple of meets in essex,we have been meeting at the halfway house on sunday afternoons.we had a fantastic meet yesterday 3rd june lasted seven hours its amazing that we can talk that long about oz.am organising one the beginning of july if any of you are interested.everyone at the meet was from all different areas rayliegh,horndon,chingford,kent,basildon and at different stages.theres me,hubby,2 sons 17 & 19,1 daughter 9.we are going on 136modl,have passed tra and put our visa appl in end of may.

anne marie xx :):):):)

p.s you can look on britishexpats to see there thread on the meet.

Guest kimdownie

Hi anne marie,

I am sure there will be a few up for that, but where is the halfway house???

dumb cambridgeshire lass !!!!

Hi again Kim,

we are living in N.S.W about an hour from Sydney on the Central coast. I will have to ask my son if he remembers Josh, he doesn't seem to remember anyone else going to Oz though. A lot of people seem to go to Brisbane and really like it, I would reallly like it here if I could get a decent job apart from that it is lovely and we haven't seen much yet as we have only been here 7 months. I applied for another job today so wish me luck!!! Where do you work? was it a Bank holiday on Monday and if so was the weather nice? we have got the Queens Birthday off next Monday I think I can never understand why that isn't a holiday in the UK. I had lost this threat and was having panic attacks as I enjoy talking to people onn here especially when they come from the same area Speak soon Frances oh hello everyone else from good old Essex!!!!!:cute:

Guest KP Nuts

Hi justcantwait, and everyone else in Essex,

Yes we will be up for a meet at the halfway house, early july, count us in!!!!:yes:

Thanks for the suggestion.

KP Nuts

PS can we bring the three little nuts?????

Guest kimdownie

thanks Anne marie,

That would be great

Kimxx:wubclub:

hi kim

the halfway house is on the a127 going towards southend wouldn't know how far from you that is.its just of the m25 junction 29 i think but if people are interested i will sort out proper directions hope that helps a bit

anne marie xx

Guest The Baggo's

Great!! Definately meet at the Halfway House - so near may even get cab back and have a few vino's!! See you there!!

Guest the greenwoods

hi justcantwait

great idea about 20 minutes from us , did everyone eat at the pub. we'll be there with kids they have questions they would like to ask other kids

from carl

hi everyone

yep all kids welcome,everybody did eat at the pub,first meet lost all the men to the bar propping it up,second meet a car meet so lost some to that for a while lol tends to be the wives drive and the men have a few and the children just wear themselves out.great fun

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

anne marie xx

Guest KP Nuts

Hi, The Greenwoods, how old are your kids and how long have they known about your plans to oz, we haven't told ours yet, so might be looking for a minder instead of bringing them with us!!! :chatterbox:

Thanks

KP Nuts

Guest The Baggo's

Hi KP Nuts!! we are also from essex and going on the meet. If its any help our 3 girlies are 3 7 and 8. We have told them everything as we felt it should make it a fun adventure with everyone involved - although it is hard to keep things from them as they are so nosey! Anyway my girls are gonna be there if that helps you. See you then Nat

Guest the greenwoods

Hi KP Nuts

our two girls are 7 & 10 they know that are probably going but we still haven't made our minds up 100% yet. we keep seeing and hearing more reason's to go than we do to stay.

we wanted to see what they thought about it .

carl

Guest KP Nuts

Hi the Greenwoods & Baggo's and everyone else from Essex,

Sorry haven't replied for some time (waiting for our TRA papers to arrival to start the long process), well we might take your advice and sit down and tell them or then again wait until we heard from the TRA's or we might just turn up and let all the other kids tell them why there are all here!!!!:unsure:

Confused:yes:

So the people of Essex what date and time are we looking at??????

Where are you heading for in OZ?????

KP Nuts (Kim & Peter)

plus 3 little nuts

Guest Clare1969

Hi KP Nuts,

We have been in the process for 10 months now, told our son (who is 10) as soon as we made the decission and had initial feedback from our agents that our application would have a good chance of acceptance. We thought that his views on the whole idea was important to us. We have just had medicals so hopefully should find out about visas in 4 to 5 weeks.

Were are you looking to go is Oz.

Regards

Clare

Guest carolinejane

Hi my name is caroline and i live near clacton on sea so not too far from Chelmsford. We are due to emigrate in August to Mooloolaba sunshine coast approx 1 hour from Brisbane. We too went for our first holiday 18 months ago and again this march loved it so much are going without any hesitation. The kids both boys aged 10 and 7 cant wait and feei they are going to have a much better life. My partner is a plumber.I am very close to my family here but i know i am doing the right thing. My family will get some great holidays and although feel a little guilty i do not regret it a bit. Good luck

Guest The Baggo's

Just wondered if anyone knows what date this meet is happening??? Maybe 8th July?? Let us know as it would be really good to have a chat about how everyone is getting on!!! Nat

Guest BOOBEAR

Hi,:jiggy:

I'm going to ask same Q as the The Baggos when is the meet?

I work w'ends and have to give notice of time off:no: missed the last one .

Caroline:wub:

Guest lynneand mark

How about the 1st July and then we can even drive over from Sunny Surrey!! Unless of course there are loads of people over this way that want to meet up?? But with 9 weks to go everything is getting VERY hectic!!! My kids 7 and 4 would love to meet some others emigrating too!

hi everyone

sorry not been back,been real busy and been away :jiggy:the date we are looking at is sunday 15th july,hopefully this suits most of you and give people time to book off work.maybe we will get some sun back for the day :daydreaming: i will post full directions closer to the day for anyone not sure were the halfway house is or you can pm me.

anne marie xx :)

Guest Curlysoo

Bugger and double BUGGER!!!! .... we were hoping it would be the beginning of the month .... we are away that weekend ..coz the 15th July is our first wedding anniversary! I dont suppose there is ANY chance you could change it? ...the date of the Meet that is NOT our anniversary! ....:wubclub:

Guest the greenwoods

Hi Everyone

The 1st is no good for us but the 8th or 15th would be OK hope that doesn't upset anyone to much. Looking forward to it . still haven't started process yet need some encouragement. We know we want to do it and hopefully after this meeting there will be no stoping us .

carl&co

Guest KP Nuts

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, everyone go for the 8th am being sort of selfish as it's er indoor's B'day on the 14th (big headache due:cry:) an our twins have a cub jamboree the next day:goofy:, an we would realllllllllllllllyyyy love to be there to chat an meet all you peep's:notworthy: find out who an see who put's on all this great trivia that comes in so helpfull.

Mr KP Nut.

ps, She'll be 45 ow! godammit that hurt !!!:arghh:

Archived