Proficient English - OET

tcillc

Hi,

Just confirming this for a friend:

To claim 25 points for proficient English, does the applicant has to achieve 'B' or higher grade in all modules of OET in one sitting or can this be achieved in two sittings?

Thanks!

Hi, Not sure about the OET but the IELTS equivalent you must get the required mark in one sitting, fail one part, must sit all of it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that - you cannot resit for one module in IELTS. But in OET, you are allowed to resit for one module.

My question again is that will DIAC accept OET score from more than one test?

Guest SAM2010
I understand that - you cannot resit for one module in IELTS. But in OET, you are allowed to resit for one module.

My question again is that will DIAC accept OET score from more than one test?

Hi,

I think the rules were changed in Jan this year.

You will have to score B level OET in one sitting.

Hope the below link will give you a better idea...

Frequently Asked Questions | Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

Nursing Jobs in Australia: Australian Visa Bureau

A pass level of 7 in all four bands of the IELTS Academic test or a B level in all four bands of the OET will be required in one sitting. The test will be valid for a period of two years.

Cheers,

SAM

Hi,

I think the rules were changed in Jan this year.

You will have to score B level OET in one sitting.

I understand that you need to score 'B' or above in one sitting for nursing registration but my question is for DIAC points for proficient English.

In order to claim 25 points, can a person repeat single OET module if he/she is unable to get the required grade? or it has to be in single sitting altogether.

Archived