You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

swifty99

Citizenship by descent help URGENT

Hoping someone can help me, my wife is currently applying for citizenship by descent we are looking at moving out to australia and think that this would be done via the partner visa, think is how do we work the sponsorship issue as my wife lives in uk with my and is at home with our daughter, she has a sister who is an australian citizen and works out there could she be mine and our daughters sponsor.

Really need advice as very confused

See my reply to your other thread - your wife can sponsor you once she gets her citizenship by descent - I'm not sure how it would work if she isn't working as she would be responsible for supporting you. She would need to make a statement indicating how she would meet those obligations. You might get asked for an assurance of support, I'm not sure.

applied for 309/100 19/1/10, 309 VISA GRANTED 28/4 - arrived Sydney 4/2/11, second stage visa app lodged Jan 2012, PR visa (100) GRANTED 7/6/12, now waiting for babywellie to come join us!:biggrin:

Hoping someone can help me, my wife is currently applying for citizenship by descent we are looking at moving out to australia and think that this would be done via the partner visa, think is how do we work the sponsorship issue as my wife lives in uk with my and is at home with our daughter, she has a sister who is an australian citizen and works out there could she be mine and our daughters sponsor.

Really need advice as very confused

You should consult a registered migration agent to develop a strategy.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com