Guest wackyracer22

WA State sponsorship agreement $20,000

Guest wackyracer22

Hi all

I have just read my sponsorship agreement and one of the terms say i must transver approx $20,000 to Australia :eek:

Does anyone know if WA check this or ask for any evidence.

Guest sioux

Not sure of your answer but with the exchange rate at the moment it won't amount to a lot really. Good luck with this. Check the visa in your passport to see if anything is written on it for the customs to see on arrival. You can always say you haven't exchanged yet waiting for better rate. x Not helpful really but wanted you to see someone has read your post lol.

Guest wackyracer22

Thanks Sioux

Il check passport stamp, i didnt know about that.

The exchange rate at the moment is rock bottom and would mean i need about £12,500 which i know is not alot but i dont have a house to sell or anything like that.

I will be living with friends and i have a job to go to when i get there so fingers crossed

Hi wackyracer22,

Long time already passed since your last message on this thread so I assume that you already know the answer to your question.

I have the same question now. Me and my wife are going to move to Perth in a few months with 176 visa and we have the following obligation in our state agreement:

You transfer around 40K$ into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements.

I suppose this is similar to yours with just a difference in the number of persons. 2person * 20K$ = 40K$.

So can you please update us? How much money did you actually transfer to WA? Had anyone checked this?

Thank you!

Eugene

Hi wackyracer22,

Long time already passed since your last message on this thread so I assume that you already know the answer to your question.

I have the same question now. Me and my wife are going to move to Perth in a few months with 176 visa and we have the following obligation in our state agreement:

You transfer around 40K$ into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements.

I suppose this is similar to yours with just a difference in the number of persons. 2person * 20K$ = 40K$.

So can you please update us? How much money did you actually transfer to WA? Had anyone checked this?

Thank you!

Eugene

Hi Eugene

Our agent has told us they do not check this, however I am not going on this as I dont think they have got to grips with the new rules themselves, on the safe side prepare to have it. I know we will be Im not going through all this and then to have further delays over evidence of funds.

Vetasses 29/05/12.Ielts07/12 WA S/S 20/11/12 approved21/12/12 EOI02/01/2013 Visa lodged10/01/2013C/0 04/02/13 meds 05/02/13 Visa 13/02/13

They do not check it. All it means is you need enough to live on , if you went to centrelink in the first couple of years for money then they might ask questions.

Visa Applied 25/5/11, GRANTED 16/9/11 Now Living the Dream In Perth:jiggy: