Anyone familiar with the Dandenong area?

kenbartos

Hi,

I've just arrived in VIC on a state sponsored visa. The majority of work in my industry appears to be in the Dandenong area. I went there for an interview today and it dosn't seem to be the most interesting of places. Does anyone know if there's anything of interest in the surrounding areas?

Regards,

John

I think we have all found that the majority of trade work is either Dandenong or moorabbin, but neither is liveable in my opinion, apologies if anyone resides there, your best areas would be Berwick, Cranbourne, Lynbrook which are only a 15 drive away and all have relatively close by public transport if necessary. Or you could look at going the other side of Dandenong towards the city, more expensive and not too sure of the areas, sure someone else will help out, Good luck.

The Eastlink runs directly into Dandenong. If you don't mind paying the toll (approx $5.50 each way) you could live anywhere with easy access to it. We live in Doncaster and go to Dandenong often and it only takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

Not using Eastlink though is another matter, but for work purposes at least you are driving against the traffic.

The Eastlink runs directly into Dandenong. If you don't mind paying the toll (approx $5.50 each way) you could live anywhere with easy access to it. We live in Doncaster and go to Dandenong often and it only takes about 15 - 20 minutes.

Not using Eastlink though is another matter, but for work purposes at least you are driving against the traffic.

Thanks for the advice. What is Eastlink? I'd like to rent/house share somewhere by the coast if possible.

Guest The Pom Queen

Eastlink is a toll road that takes you from Frankston to Ringwood.

If you are looking for the beach life I would recommend Mordialloc, it is a lovely area as is Mentone, Aspendale and Edithvale. If you head further up the bay towards Beaumaris etc then the prices increase so it would depend on how much per week you were wanting to spend. Patterson Lakes is also a nice area and parts of Chelsea/Bonbeach.

Kate

Eastlink is a toll road that takes you from Frankston to Ringwood.

If you are looking for the beach life I would recommend Mordialloc, it is a lovely area as is Mentone, Aspendale and Edithvale. If you head further up the bay towards Beaumaris etc then the prices increase so it would depend on how much per week you were wanting to spend. Patterson Lakes is also a nice area and parts of Chelsea/Bonbeach.

Kate

Great, thanks for the advice.

John

Archived