Onshore Partner Visa Application time frame

Guest skiingbadger

Guest Venessa

Hi svanicek,

I got my partner visa granted.

You can provide heaps of evidence but of course they have to be very relevant for ur application otherwise its will be good not to send too much than required. You can make a personal declaration in the event if you could not show proof for the submitted evidence. Its is also good to submit in person.

Below are the number of things i submitted for this application.

- Mandatory Stuff - Checklist, Form 47SP, Form 40SP, Form 80

- 2x Form 888

- Copy of my birth certificate, NRIC, bank statements

- Copy of my partner's citizenship cert, passport

- Copy of my partner's employment letter, pay slips, Income Tax, bank statements

- My Medicals

- Police clearance from AU & SG (Police clearance (CNCC) from SG may take a few weeks)

- Personal statements from my partner and me. We wrote abt 2 pages long each, closely following the outline given by the Dept in their Booklet 1.

- Accommodation lease with our names.

- Emails communicated btw my partner and me.

- Emails received from our friends addressed to both of us.

- Copy of greeting cards addressed to both of us.

- Many many photos of us, describing each of them at the back of the photo - when and where it was taken, what event and naming whoever is in the photo.

- Receipts

- My personal documents such as my educational certificates, testomonials from previous employers, my mobile bills showing my partner's contact numbers most of the time.

- A standalone statement to highlight those periods of separation during the 12 months and the reason for the separations.

- A personal declaration by my partner and me in front of a JP to say that the emails and receipts are true copies.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest svanicek

Hi Venessa, congrats on receiving your visa!! You must be so happy. I'm putting mine in sometime in August I believe, so I'm just putting together everything atm. The Singapore police told me that I can't get my clearance until I get something from the immigration department here showing that I'm applying for a permanent visa in Australia. Is this true? I would prefer to frontload everything with my application.

Guest Venessa
Hi Venessa, congrats on receiving your visa!! You must be so happy. I'm putting mine in sometime in August I believe, so I'm just putting together everything atm. The Singapore police told me that I can't get my clearance until I get something from the immigration department here showing that I'm applying for a permanent visa in Australia. Is this true? I would prefer to frontload everything with my application.

Thanks svanicek. Good to hear from you. Soon you will get yours too. Yes, i faced a similar situation. I was advised by the CNCC Dept to send them the completed 47SP form with ur signature as a documentary proof. That should be sufficient to say that you are applying for a PR which requires you to get a Police clearance from Singapore. Hope this helps you. I dont think you can get a documentary proof without submitting a complete application. Anyway this is what i did and i got my police clearance.

If u dont mind, which part of AU you from?

Good luck.

Guest svanicek

I'm currently living in Sydney, but we are going to be moving back to Perth soon as my partner is opening up his own restaurant :) NSW has just put in a relationships register, so my partner and I are going to be registering our relationship tomorrow, so hopefully that will help with our application1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CLAIREB73

We met in Oz and married within 6 months - applied 2 weeks after the wedding (IN PERSON IN BRISBANE) and got an 820 in the post 2 weeks after that

2 weeks -AMAZING!!!

Good Luck:biggrin: it is v stressful, especially when you can't work and therefore have nothing else to worry about all day...

Guest tierneyballs

I will be lodging my 820 application in person in Sydney tomorrow morning. I will keep you all updated as to how my application goes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great news Geo2001, Hope the processing goes quicker. I'm in the same boat (onshore - melbourne) but only been waiting 4 weeks - feels like so much longer!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MissSith

Hi Venessa,

How did you know that you were assigned a C/O? I applied 17/05/10 and received my Bridging Visa A the following day in the post. I received an e-mail from a lady (for the sake of not throwing peoples' names around) requesting completion of a medical. This didn't explicitly state that she was assigned as my C/O, but did pertain to my application... Is she my C/O? I haven't heard anything since.

Thanks,

Chloe

I have been waiting 8 weeks, I was told on day I applied that would be 6-8 weeks for a CO tobe assigned, called yesterday to be told will be another 8 weeks

• 2 weeks later...

hi. i applied my spouse visa 16 april and i havent heard from immigration nothing. Should i call them and ask whats been keeping it up. Its been now 4 months without any respond from them

Guest Cimbom
I have been waiting 8 weeks, I was told on day I applied that would be 6-8 weeks for a CO tobe assigned, called yesterday to be told will be another 8 weeks

I was told this as well. We have waited two months so far and haven't heard anything. I called today and was told that "a number of people are looking at it but no one has taken over yet". She also said that 6 months after applying was the earliest it would be processed but the guy that took our application said we should find out within around 3 months. So annoying that everyone says something different

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and about to apply for an onshore partner visa.

Just thought I would let you know the following. We heard from our migration agent yesterday that onshore partner visas are going to be taking about a year to process for the foreseeable as there is a backlog. This has also been confirmed by a friend calling the Sydney processing office to check as she has a visa application outstanding since April 10.

Additionally, partner visas are now dealt with in date order (although I don't know how they were dealt with before!)

Thanks

Simon

Guest siamsusie
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and about to apply for an onshore partner visa.

Just thought I would let you know the following. We heard from our migration agent yesterday that onshore partner visas are going to be taking about a year to process for the foreseeable as there is a backlog. This has also been confirmed by a friend calling the Sydney processing office to check as she has a visa application outstanding since April 10.

Additionally, partner visas are now dealt with in date order (although I don't know how they were dealt with before!)

Thanks

Simon

Welcome to PIO Simon. :mad: a year! at least you are together, hopefully they have given you the "right to work" for this duration.

Susie:wubclub:

Guest Cimbom

A year? That's terrible :confused: My partner was hoping it'd be done by the end of the year so he can continue with his studies part-time next year (he's on a student visa atm). Do you know if that applies to Melbourne as well? The guy we gave our application to was so sure it'd be around 3 months or so.

A year? That's terrible :confused: My partner was hoping it'd be done by the end of the year so he can continue with his studies part-time next year (he's on a student visa atm). Do you know if that applies to Melbourne as well? The guy we gave our application to was so sure it'd be around 3 months or so.

Hello,

I have no idea I'm afraid - we also thought it would take about three months until recently.

Welcome to PIO Simon. :mad: a year! at least you are together, hopefully they have given you the "right to work" for this duration.

Susie:wubclub:

Thanks Susie! Luckily, I already have work rights because I entered the country on a Working Holiday visa (we decided to live here a while to see what I thought of the place).

Thanks

Simon

Hi Cimbom,

I applied around the same time as you did and spoke to the Melbourne Office last week and the guy said 6 months which is the standard answer I guess. It would make a lovely Xmas present!

good luck

Rexi

Guest siamsusie
Thanks Susie! Luckily, I already have work rights because I entered the country on a Working Holiday visa (we decided to live here a while to see what I thought of the place).

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, delighted to hear that! I recently assisted with a couple of friends spousal visas down in WA (on shore) and Perth gave us a timeframe of 8 months, they were completed in 3 so there may be hope for you yet. Enjoy your new land! Susie x:wubclub:

Hi There...

This is my first posting here. I have read the feed about defacto visas and can someone please let me know what "front loaded" mean when referring to their application.

Am I understanding correctly that it seems better to apply for your visa in person? Is so is Brisbane better than Melboune, seems to be faster in Brisbane than Melbourne or do you have to lodge in the state you reside?

Any help would be appreciated. My partner is from the Uk and I am Australian and we will be allpying for a defacto visa early 2011 after living together for 12 months so ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated.....

THANK YOU!!!

I gave in a fully loaded spouse 820 application last week in Perth they told me 6-9 months! Came in on tourist visa with oz husband so can’t work. Asked them if possible to do so and told not unless can prove extreme financial hardship who the hell wouldn’t be hard up after 9 months off work! Anyway question is has anyone applied in person in Perth in the last six months or so and got it already? Been married for 5 years so kinda hoping for a miracle.

Hi There I originally posted this on another thread but then thought it would be more suitabale here!

My wife(Australian) and I (British) recently applied for 820/801 PR partner visa.

We have been in a defacto relationship for 5+years. When we decided to apply for PR (I'm on a 457 visa at present, in Aus for 4 years) I rang the Immi dept helpline and was advised the best cause of action was to prepare a "decision ready" application and lodge in person for a quicker outcome (potentially on the day!). we took the couple of months beforehand to prepare everything, police checks, medicals evidence of our relation etc and then rang the dept back to book an appointment to lodge in person. When we got there were Interviewed by a CO for about 1 hr and at the ned of the interview she said that our application was excellent, she was satisfied that we were in a geniune relationship and that she was putting us through for PR 801 as we had demonstrated a compact history of more than 3 years defacto ( Ieven had a heap more evidence but she told me she didn't need it!) and should have a letter of approval within 2 weeks (Great I thought!)

Received the letter as she stated but it was only a confirmation of application letter which then informed of expected waiting times 6-9 months! I called the case office to query and she said I must have misunderstood and that the 2 weeks she referred to were just a "pre processing period"?

I'm happy to get in line with everyone else but I'm just a little confused by the processes

Just wondering if anyone has lodged their application like this before?

Also what peoples thoughts are on the processing satges after interview and submission of all documents (I'm confused at what could take this long now as I've completed everything including the interview! - It must be some data entry!)

And lastly was there any real difference in lodging in person or by post/ email as there doesn't seem to be - if anything it would probably add to the timeframe!

I also agree with a lot of the posts on here about continuity of timelines. Surely when you hand over close to 3k you expect a reasonable timeframe to plan your life around!

Hope everyone is getting the good news coming through! Good luck.

Guest siamsusie
Hi There...

This is my first posting here. I have read the feed about defacto visas and can someone please let me know what "front loaded" mean when referring to their application.

Am I understanding correctly that it seems better to apply for your visa in person? Is so is Brisbane better than Melboune, seems to be faster in Brisbane than Melbourne or do you have to lodge in the state you reside?

Any help would be appreciated. My partner is from the Uk and I am Australian and we will be allpying for a defacto visa early 2011 after living together for 12 months so ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated.....

THANK YOU!!!

Hi Lou,

I am under the impression front loading means obtaining your police reports and medicals up front and submitting them (Please do not take this as verbatum, I do stand corrected if wrong! I thought it sounds very much like a maternity bra:laugh:.

If your partner and yourself fulfill the requirements for DIAC and he doesnt have a "no further stay" on his visa, he can apply on shore whilst he is here, but do check the conditions of his current visa. In my experience of a years visa I had to adhere to the NFSC and had to leave the country.

If you are in any doubt at all I would advise you to seek professional help from a MARA registered Migration Agent! There are some excellent agents that frequent PIO and come recommended. Ringing DIAC for advise I have always found to be hit and miss with variable replies!

There are various posts of 5/6/12 month waits on shore Lou, some people being granted "working rights" others not.... I cant give you the waiting periods for any on shore offices I am afraid.

If your partner has been in Australia for 12 months then a federal Police certificate would be required along with the UK PC.

My visa grant is over a year old now, so my information will not be upto date but hopefully this bumps it up for you for a more experienced eye.

Best wishes Susie x:wubclub: