When can I do a Stat Dec

k8bug79

Hi,

I have read loads of information on Statutory declarations and had examples sent to me. I will need to get one from my ex so I can take my eldest daughter with me. He has agreed in a telephone call (or maybe he doesn't realise that he has a choice lol) Since then I have had no maintenance from him (he was always hit and miss with it) I want to take it up with him but I am scared of rocking the boat and him changing his mind. How far in advance can I get a statutory declaration for him and if he signs one of these can he contest it?

We haev no idea when we'll go, but the sooner the better. However in reality ot could still be a few of years. Can I get started on one now?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oscarblaik

hi there, I am coming over on 457, my ex filled in form 1229. I did nt need a stat declaration, and you need to include a certified copy of his passport or birth cert. I agreed not to hound him for maintaince til we go and after and drew up a plan to maintain contact.

forms 1229 are on the DIAC website

hope you get this sorted

regards

vanessa

Brilliant thanks. I haven't looked at any notes regarding this form will do that now but note that you are coming over on a temporary business visa (if my googling of your 457 visa is correct) do you know if that would make a difference to me applying for a spouses visa for permanant residency?

Guest oscarblaik

sorry i only know that they needed this form completing, but the form states:

consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years.

"where children under 18 years of age intend to travel to Australia, their non-accompaning parent may be required to sign a consent form to give permission for the child to be granted an Australian visa for the purpose of travel to stay temporarily or permanantly in Australia"

hope this helps

regards

vanessa

Archived