When long term absent birth parent won't answer.

Guest smoggieswilltravel

Guest smoggieswilltravel

Hi

Just looking for some words of encouragement, hope and success stories from anyone who is in the same situation now or for those who have already been there.

Our situation is that I have a daughter of 14 yrs that has never know her birth father, he has played no part in her life and is not a resident of the UK as he is Austrian. We were married but split up during my pregnancy (a long and upsetting story, that I won't bore you with) he is on the birth certificate. We were divorced and I was given sole custody and no access rights were layed out and he has never sought any. He pays no maintenace. Despite all our attempts over the last 18 mths we have not been able to get in touch with him. Not for the statutory declaration or for permission for my wonderful OH to adopt her, this has all gone through a solicitor.

We have a job offer on a 457 visa but are able to apply for PR status as well but the job requires us to be in Oz for the beginning of August. We are not confident that the adoption will be completed in time for the 457 visa to come through and OH be able to work his notice in time for arrival in August. So we are hoping that my declaration supported by our solicitor will be enough for the immigration dept.

So what do you all think, OH is not at all confident and I'm soooooo stressed about it. The adoption will come through but its the timing that is against us. Please can someone let us know their good news stories, not sure I want the bad ones but we have to be realistic.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I can tell you that if your daughter was born in the uk before 2003 and if you were not married at the time of the birth to the father then he has no parental responsibilty what so ever - you dont say if you were actually married when you gave birth.

I really dont think you will have a problem with immigration if you have all the paperwork to back it up i.e. like your sole custody and access rights etc.

Be honest with immi yes they are quite strict when it comes to kids and coming to oz with only one parent (done the same) but they will play fair ball, im sure from what you say you will be ok.

good luck

gizmo

Guest smoggieswilltravel

thanks for your reply, we will have to wait and see. I have looked into the court order situation but have been advised that on average it takes about 3 months we would need to serve papers on the slime, so it looks like we're further on with the adoption. Thanks

Guest wardy

Hi Smoggies

Cant offer any advice sorry just wanted to say hello we have spoke on BE I think about football clubs in the Redlands area, I am sure you are the same person.

Anyway welcome to PIO

Kaye :wubclub:

Guest smoggieswilltravel

Hi There

it must have been my OH he's the footballer, are you off to Redland Bay then. He's not been playing footy for a while as we're down south and they don't paly 5 a side much here, or at least its difficult to get together wilth people when you work in London and then travel out to home. He can't wait to get to Oz to start playing again with his brother and mates.

cheers

Archived