IELTS this week

hellsbells712

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shooterguy

I'm doing it this saturday in glasgow

might be a bit of a waste of time now I booked before the MODL points were lost I can't get 120 points now even if I get the extra ten.

Still I've paid the fee so might as well do it who knows it may help after july changes

Good luck for yours

Well i've lost points too. Down to 115, but need IELTS for my nursing anyway. Now gonna go for State Sponsorship. 110 points.

Just revising now. Trying to concentrate on passing reading part. Appears to be the most difficult.

good luck.

Hiya Hellsbells 712, good luck with the ielts, iv got my 3rd test booked for 20th March failed both on reading 1st one got a 6, second 6.5 all the other sections passed with flying colours!!! iv enroled on a 1 months course to try to pass this time!!

Good luck to all

Lisa

Guest shooterguy

i should have said I've applied for state sponsorship from victoria and don't need an IELTS test for my occupation (dentist),

reading my post back it sounded like I had given up migrating

Good luck to all IELTS takers.

The thing to bear in mind with the Reading test is that a lot of the questions have trick near answers, so pay close attention to the text. And also that they expect you to derive answers that aren't explicitly given, so think about what's being asked and what's written.

Guest GMERIN53
i should have said I've applied for state sponsorship from victoria and don't need an IELTS test for my occupation (dentist),

reading my post back it sounded like I had given up migrating

Thats the spirit !

It did sound a little despondent.

We were in the same boat wrt MODL so are now going Family Sponsor route.

Wife sits IELTS on 20th March in Edinburgh

Fingers Crossed all goes well and the Visa application will be lodged before any more changes:smile:

Guest welshgirl25

Hi all

I am waiting for my results will be here on saturday. I have sat the test 3 times now and yes its the reading letting me down 6.5. One person i was speaking to was sitting the test for the 7th time. I am getting a little concerned, can pass a degree but not this. fingers crossede its good news on sat. Good luck to all sitting it.

Guest GMERIN53
Hi all

I am waiting for my results will be here on saturday. I have sat the test 3 times now and yes its the reading letting me down 6.5. One person i was speaking to was sitting the test for the 7th time. I am getting a little concerned, can pass a degree but not this. fingers crossede its good news on sat. Good luck to all sitting it.

Good luck with the result and hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky for you. I have the exam in 3 weeks and am feeling very nervous - I'd better get those test papers out and start practising!

Has anyone got their IELTS this week??????????????

Mine on Saturday 6th in Leeds.... Good luck to everyone taking it.

xxxx

I have got my IELTS in Leeds on 27th March, as need to pass for nursing registration. Let us know how it goes!

Good luck to all taking this test

Sharon

Hi all

I know ezactly how you feel, good luck with your results.

Lisa

Guest Mary Cockerill

HI Shooterguy

Glad to hear you are going for state sponsorship. DONT give up. Regards Mary

Guest Mary Cockerill

To all regarding IELTS

I have a client that has failed on the reading part 7 times!!!!! and she has had private meetings with people at the BC here in SA and still cant get it right!!! It is normally the reading that gets people. I personally think its a money making racket!!! hang in there all you re sitters and good luck. Regards Mary

Guest gingerdingo

Hi, I have stumbled across your thread, my wife is doing the same test but on the 10th April. Hope it goes well for you! .Where are you heading? we have just started the process-head still spinning with paperwork etc.

Oh, why do we have to do this dreaded test.

I have been peractising all week, and it just does not seem to be getting into my head. Any help appreciated.

HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: I only have till Saturday.

I have the Peter May book and official papers gratly appreciated from Greamsay

We are off to Brisbane, only if I can pass.....

Good luck to everyone else.

Has anyone got their IELTS this week??????????????

Mine on Saturday 6th in Leeds.... Good luck to everyone taking it.

xxxx

see you there and good luck

Please please, any useful tips.... I'm struggling here!!!!!!

Hi, my tips maybe too late for you now, but here goes.

: revise & revise with the books (i think you have)

: looked at? IELTS Exam Preparation - IELTS Home

: looked at? IELTS-Blog - IELTS exam preparation for free

: course at ielts higher? could register but have to pay for a month.

advise for the reading part (not my words come from my new course). skim the text quickly, then read the questions CAREFULLY, then scan the text looking for key words from the questions. BUT the words may not be the same, look for words with the SAME meaning, this is why its sooooooo hard!! when you think you have the correct answer just re read to double check but you dont have a lot of time. Believe me i am no expert as failed previously twice on the reading but i have been revising every day and you do get quicker.

Good luck Lisa

Guest Durathor

Look guys, you should be sailing through this. Especially as it is specifically designed to favour native English speakers.

It is really very simple indeed and the more you worry about it, or think too much about it the more you are likely to slip up.

Think simply and logically. You are native English speakers so you already understand everything that is spoken and written.

Check and recheck your reading answers. They are simply designed to correspond with the text.

Listen carefully to the oral part and write the answers as you hear them spoken, easy. Don't rely on memory.

Write cogently without too much elaboration, just make sense. You think in English and that makes sense doesn't it? That is all you have to prove.

It should be the easiest, and only laughable, part of the visa process. They want you to succeed. It is designed to help YOU native English speakers specifically. So relax.

Look guys, you should be sailing through this. Especially as it is specifically designed to favour native English speakers.

It is really very simple indeed and the more you worry about it, or think too much about it the more you are likely to slip up.

Think simply and logically. You are native English speakers so you already understand everything that is spoken and written.

Check and recheck your reading answers. They are simply designed to correspond with the text.

Listen carefully to the oral part and write the answers as you hear them spoken, easy. Don't rely on memory.

Write cogently without too much elaboration, just make sense. You think in English and that makes sense doesn't it? That is all you have to prove.

It should be the easiest, and only laughable, part of the visa process. They want you to succeed. It is designed to help YOU native English speakers specifically. So relax.

I wish i could agree with you but i dont!!, im a native English speaker spent 3yrs at uni doing my adult nursing qualification obtaining very high marks in essays, i also have an O'level in English (although a while ago!!) and finding the reading (Academic version) not general (much, much easier) hard to pass. The answers are NOT always easy to find, i know some people are passing but many are not getting the required 7 to pass. Iv met 6 nurses now at my past ielts all native English and not one of us has passed we are all on our 3rd, 4th attempts.

Im not dumb by any means but the academic version at a pass of 7 in all subjects is proving hard and i wish i could relax but like others i am finding it very stressfull.

Lisa

Thanks everyone.

It's another day..... I am starting fresh again with Peter May book and think it is finally clicking into place.:yes:

Reading and highlighting the 1st paragraph of the reading passage seems to be a key.

I am going through all the startegies again.

Not too concerned about the other parts of the test, just the reading.

keep positive everyone. See how Saturday goes, if I can do it, then anyone can.......

Trying to relax... The sun is shining. Starting to daydream about our life in OZ....:arghh::daydreaming:

Guest nevergiveup

Im on my 4th sit now on 17th april at liverpool, Just can't seem to get through the reading but passed my diploma with flying colours. :arghh:

Archived