Tsunami Warning for NSW and Qld

Mylady

Just got back from the coast ,not alot going on ,apart from my hang over :frown:

you done better than me, i got up with all intentions of heading down for alook, had a cuppa, some cereal, last nights kfc, 1/3rd of a huge watermelon and uhmm yeah, thats as far as i got lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest30038
just spoke to my family in oz they said its not near them its up between rockhampton and gladstone, not sure if any other area

proview

It is chook. There's a current warning for all of SE Qld, including Straddy, although it seems to be a non-event up till now.

Canal or beachside living? Not for me! I'm happy sitting on top of my hill.

kev

Guest Guest31881
It is chook. There's a current warning for all of SE Qld, including Straddy, although it seems to be a non-event up till now.

Canal or beachside living? Not for me! I'm happy sitting on top of my hill.

kev

Tell the truth Kev, you like living on a hill so you can play "King of the Castle" :biggrin:

They are now saying the worst effect will probably be stronger currents than normal. sea levels have only risen by a couple of centimeters.

Guest guest30038
no Tsunami here, but that have something to do with living near Canberra

They make a lot of waves down there though.............watch they don't make a mess of KRudds hair:biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest30038

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/get-out-of...0228-pak8.html :

“Mr Hainsworth said the danger could last well into Monday. "This kind of threat can last for a minimum of four hours and we could be looking at an event that could last up to 24 hours with significant changes in water levels," he said.

"As a result we're shifting vast amounts of water which causes these strong currents - it's a pretty dangerous situation."

"It's like shaking a bath of water. Once you've shaken it, it slops around for quite some time and that's exactly what the Pacific (Ocean) will do for quite some time."

Guest Working to fish
Is that happy valley?

Sure is ,near the toilets,tbo the waves were not that big ,but you could see the power in the waves crossing the bar ,i for one would not of wanted to cross the bar in my boat .There were a couple of jet skis,wave jumping .The photo was around 9am ,the tide was well up.

Sure is ,near the toilets,tbo the waves were not that big ,but you could see the power in the waves crossing the bar ,i for one would not of wanted to cross the bar in my boat .There were a couple of jet skis,wave jumping .The photo was around 9am ,the tide was well up.

We must have passed each other, i went there just before 9 as my kids had a surf lesson there this morning which was obviously cancelled. I have never seen it that high before.

Archived