Singapore Airlines

dave and ange

I am really disappointed, we flew to Sydney with Singapore in 2007 and it was very good, we are validating in October and really wanted to use them again, especially if we could get on the A380, found out they had just priced themselves out of our budget, going with Malaysian for £2500 :sad:

when a mod reads this they should send it to singapore airlines what great advertising for them.

It was £3100 with Singapore Airlines (SA) for the same except the stopovers with SA were twice the length, thinking back, on our trip in 2007 our stopovers both ways were about 12 hours and yet Singapore Airlines did not feel the need to even mention there is a transit hotel availiable, obviously full by the time we found out about it, and on the way back, full before we even got off the aircraft, we are wiser now, but could have been wiser with advice from SA.

It was about this time last year that Singapore airlines reduced their prices on some non-refundable tickets and the price dropped from a normal price of £2500 for two adults flying London to Brisbane out 01/08/09 back 30/08/09 to £1900 with no airmiles.

Maybe it could happen this year.

I'm still trying but he's a bit tight. Do you know how long each leg of the journey is?

In round figures London or Manchester to Singapore 13 hours Singapore to Brisbane 8 hours.

If you are flying Singapore have you asked for any accommodation offers, often cheap nights or extra nights free, free transit etc.

They have free shuttle bus looping over the main tourist areas, food is very good and cheap and after a few days R&R you would be ready for whatever Oz can throw at you.:biggrin:

We paid £2658 for 4 adults and 1 infant. Only prob is that they wont give us the extra baggage allowance because we flew to OZ last March to validate our visa and they said that because the visa has been used we can't get the extra allowance. I thought that was pretty crappy.

It seems to me that SQ knows the system quite well. They get loads of kudos (and custom) for giving extra baggage to migrants, but they have set it up in such a way that few migrants would actually be able to avial of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sal 222

Hi, I am planning on booking our flights (one way!) to Australia with Singapore airways and having one of their advertised stop over breaks for 3 days..Has anyone else done this please? I'm guessing i will have to book the flights first ..then use the booking code to book the hotel? also when you chose the hotel from 'A to F' can i pick the actual hotel?? Also do i need visa's for 3 days (guessing yes) and how much are they? and one more thing can we check our cases all the way to Australia or do we have to get them at Singapore? (be about 10 cases!!) - hoping we can leave them on....thanks for the help,

Guest stmatt

Hi

We have done the holiday stopover twice. Both times I booked our flights online and then arranged the stopover after. First time I phoned up because I needed a room that would sleep 2 adults, a child and an infant in a cot. Second time I booked online. You can choose your hotel.

We've stayed in Marina Mandarin (5* and very fancy) and Crown Plaza (3*) which was okay but not very family friendly in terms of facilities (it seemed more of a stopover point for business people).

Don't forget to carry your boarding passes around with you for free entry to the Zoo and other places.

Guest CraigandZoe

Just booked flights to Brisbane with Emirates. Heard good things about Singapore so might fly them one day, Emirates was cheaper by £900 (each) and the luggage allowance 20kg each superior, so it was an obvious choice.

We are flying on Tuesday purely because I want to fly on the Airbus A380 (Tue and Sat only from LHR to Dubai). Might not excite everyone but I have been fortunate in my 27 years to fly a fair few times and on a wide array of aircraft. This is the latest and greatest so I would like to fly on it. Just want to marvel at how the thing gets up in the bloody air.

A tip to anyone on a one way for validating visas; Emirates are still honouring the 50Kg of luggage, however after the 30th of April you will no longer be able to use this offer.

Guest proud2beaussie
A tip to anyone on a one way for validating visas; Emirates are still honouring the 50Kg of luggage, however after the 30th of April you will no longer be able to use this offer.

That is only the current offer,a new promotion code will be issued,Emirates have,as far as I know,no plans to withdraw extra baggage allowance and reduced fares for migrants,and that is correct as at last Friday when I spoke to a contact there.

Guest CraigandZoe
That is only the current offer,a new promotion code will be issued,Emirates have,as far as I know,no plans to withdraw extra baggage allowance and reduced fares for migrants,and that is correct as at last Friday when I spoke to a contact there.

I stand corrected, cheers Nigel. Good on emirates for doing that too. The fare discount wasn't much but the bag allowence can't be sniffed at. Plus they are an excellent airline.

Guest proud2beaussie

I agree Craig/zoe,

They are an excellent airline and I recommend them highly.

I didn't mean to "correct" you in that way,just letting everyone know that they will still have deals for migrants.

Cheers

Nigel

Guest CraigandZoe
I agree Craig/zoe,

They are an excellent airline and I recommend them highly.

I didn't mean to "correct" you in that way,just letting everyone know that they will still have deals for migrants.

Cheers

Nigel

No worries Nigel. I have flown with them once before to the Maldives, looking forward to flying with them to Australia. Especially because it's a one way ticket ;)

Guest sal 222
Hi

We have done the holiday stopover twice. Both times I booked our flights online and then arranged the stopover after. First time I phoned up because I needed a room that would sleep 2 adults, a child and an infant in a cot. Second time I booked online. You can choose your hotel.

We've stayed in Marina Mandarin (5* and very fancy) and Crown Plaza (3*) which was okay but not very family friendly in terms of facilities (it seemed more of a stopover point for business people).

Don't forget to carry your boarding passes around with you for free entry to the Zoo and other places.

thanks for this...could you leave your cases at the airport?

thanks for this...could you leave your cases at the airport?

When we did a 3 night stop we took our cases to hotel, when we did a 1 night stop we left the at the airport, not sure if you have the option of leaving them at airport for three days.

One point, if you break at Singapore you can buy duty free at Heathrow and then put it in your case at the hotel at Singapore then when you travel on to Oz it is not in hand luggage, if you are going straight through to Oz you cannot buy at Heathrow, even large perfume, but you can at Singapore because they seal it.

You can buy duty free when you land in Oz before you go through customs.

This was the case last year.

Guest CraigandZoe

You can buy duty free when you land in Oz before you go through customs.

This was the case last year.

A bottle of Bundy could be on the agenda then ;) Cheers for the info! :biggrin:

Archived