Singapore Airlines

dave and ange

Hi Guys, We are moving to Brisbane on 7th Oct and are flying with Singapore Airlines. Our daughter will be 14mths old and was wondering if she would be comfortable in the infant carrier. Also has anyone flown on the A380 and if so did the seats have foot rests. We flew to Perth last year with Emirates and they didn't have any and being quite short I found it very uncomfortable.

Ange

Guest vintage

I flew with singapore airlines and they are very very good ...and they do have foot rests ...i was on the airbus 380 ...the babies i see on the plane seemed very comfortable in the baby carriers they had

Hi Dave & Ange,

To re-iterate what the others have said, Singapore Airlines is tops everytime. You cannot go wrong with the A380. They provide 3 choices of meals, the seats are great as even when the guy in front tilts back, the head rest is not in your lap. Also when you transfer at Changi airport it is a far more passenger friendly airport than Dubai. I tend to think of Dubai airport as a large shopping centre. The facilities are limited as this makes the passengers go into the shops to spend money. Changi is a bit like being in a nice hotel lounge.

I'd also be inclined if you get the chance to spend a couple of days in Singapore if you have time as it is a great place to break the journey up.

Anyway have a great time and kind regards

Ronnie Rocket

Hi

Now that I have children I would always fly Singapore Airlines, I have flown with quite a few different airlines and always thought Singapore were the best by far. Without kids it never really mattered now with kids I just prefer their service etc its a long enough flight as it is without being uncomfortable and not catered for. We used the infant carrier when I my son was 18 months old and it was fine...when he wasn't sleeping he was sat up in it playing and watching Wiggles!! I have also flown with them alone with my son when he was 9 months the Air Hostess were fantastic and always there to give a helping hand.

Hi Dave & Ange,

To re-iterate what the others have said, Singapore Airlines is tops everytime. You cannot go wrong with the A380. They provide 3 choices of meals, the seats are great as even when the guy in front tilts back, the head rest is not in your lap. Also when you transfer at Changi airport it is a far more passenger friendly airport than Dubai. I tend to think of Dubai airport as a large shopping centre. The facilities are limited as this makes the passengers go into the shops to spend money. Changi is a bit like being in a nice hotel lounge.

I'd also be inclined if you get the chance to spend a couple of days in Singapore if you have time as it is a great place to break the journey up.

Anyway have a great time and kind regards

Ronnie Rocket

I would like to spend a few days in Singapore but OH isn't so keen. Thanks for the info.

Hi

Now that I have children I would always fly Singapore Airlines, I have flown with quite a few different airlines and always thought Singapore were the best by far. Without kids it never really mattered now with kids I just prefer their service etc its a long enough flight as it is without being uncomfortable and not catered for. We used the infant carrier when I my son was 18 months old and it was fine...when he wasn't sleeping he was sat up in it playing and watching Wiggles!! I have also flown with them alone with my son when he was 9 months the Air Hostess were fantastic and always there to give a helping hand.

I had heard that the cabin crew were very friendly and good with children.

Cheers

Im terrified of flying to, and flew alone home from Australia with Singapore Airlines, and found the whole experience quite enjoyable (as enjoyable as flying can be!!)

I even managed to sleep.

The Air Hostesses cant do enough to help, and the food is even quite tasty, which is strange for airline food.

I would def not hesitate to pay the extra to fly with them, and will be booking the A380 when we come over for a hol in Nov.

:)

Im terrified of flying to, and flew alone home from Australia with Singapore Airlines, and found the whole experience quite enjoyable (as enjoyable as flying can be!!)

I even managed to sleep.

The Air Hostesses cant do enough to help, and the food is even quite tasty, which is strange for airline food.

I would def not hesitate to pay the extra to fly with them, and will be booking the A380 when we come over for a hol in Nov.

:)

Thanks for the peace of mind Donna.

Singapore is a brilliant place to stop over. Accommodation is expensive but almost everything else is affordable. People say it's Asia-Lite but I think that's unfair. It has many different cultures within the city, but each seems to be allowed to flourish. All the ingredients of Asia are there except the scamming and crime which is low (but not non-existent). If you go to Singapore, go to the bits away from Orchard Road and the shopping centres - eat at the wonderful hawker markets; wander round Little India; get a suit; have lunch in Indonesia; go up the cable car. Singapore's a fun place that many people bypass, and the food there is to die for.

Guest proud2beaussie

To be perfectly honest I really don't understand why people are so interested in the A380 thing,it's a plane,nothing more,nothing less,I've flown on it a number of times,including the first commercial flight on Singapore Airlines and I really don't know what all the fuss is about,yes it's very well designed and it's comfortable but it's still just a plane.

I really don't think it's worth paying higher fares for.

As regards Singapore Airlines,they are an excellent airline,they have a very well maintained fleet,professional,polite cabin crew and well trained tech crews,they serve good food and beverages and the seats are comfortable,all in all a great airline and I have no hesitation in recommmending them.

To be perfectly honest I really don't understand why people are so interested in the A380 thing,it's a plane,nothing more,nothing less,I've flown on it a number of times,including the first commercial flight on Singapore Airlines and I really don't know what all the fuss is about,yes it's very well designed and it's comfortable but it's still just a plane.

I really don't think it's worth paying higher fares for.

As regards Singapore Airlines,they are an excellent airline,they have a very well maintained fleet,professional,polite cabin crew and well trained tech crews,they serve good food and beverages and the seats are comfortable,all in all a great airline and I have no hesitation in recommmending them.

In my experience the A380 was quieter and a little more spacious - but a 15 hour leg is a 15 hour leg. I wouldn't pay more for the experience. In fact, you'd expect to pay less as the fuel burn is (allegedly) lower.

PS: When I say spacious I'm referring to the cabin not the seat pitch!

One subtletly with Emirates is that from Glasgow, Sydney is one stop, not two. Not sure if that helps to Brisbane. I have never flown Singapore - they have always been more expensive when we have flown and a 21 hour flight is a 21 hour flight...

I am going NZ via LHR, LAX and AKL. This means I get extra luggage.

SQ is good, and I can well understand the urge to fly on the world's largest passenger plane. Heck, I even get a kick out of stepping onto a jumbo jet (747). In fact, try spending a year on Saab 340s between Stornoway and Edinburgh and a jet engine will seem exotic.

Guest proud2beaussie
I am going NZ via LHR, LAX and AKL. This means I get extra luggage.

SQ is good, and I can well understand the urge to fly on the world's largest passenger plane. Heck, I even get a kick out of stepping onto a jumbo jet (747). In fact, try spending a year on Saab 340s between Stornoway and Edinburgh and a jet engine will seem exotic.

Yeah I guess I can understand that,I travel every week from Albury to Sydney and return on a Dash 8 so I know what you mean,lol.

This is good news I plumped for Singapore Airlines and it was one of the cheaper ones so all is good, we are on the 380 top deck so I hope its good we have a 16 and a 9 year old to entertain so not too bad, I do worry about DVT though so has anyone got any advice on how to avoid this??

You have got the chance to get up and not just walk about but on the A380 you can climb up and down the stairs a few times just to keep your circulation going.

I don't think your youngsters will have a problem with entertainment with the largest screen on any economy flight and video on demand plus games they might not think the flight is long enough.:wink:

I would like to spend a few days in Singapore but OH isn't so keen. Thanks for the info.

Try and persuade him as Singapore is a great place to stop. As you are flying with Singapore airlines they have all kinds of deals with hotels, trips and free transport.

It is a very friendly, spotless and safe city and very easy to get around. With your youngster it may be worth using a taxi for transport but they are very cheap and safe.

We fly the Brisbane route (with Singapore airways) and always look forward to the Singapore stopover.

Last year they upgraded the seats on the Singapore to Bisbane (it's not the A380) leg to the same seats as the A380, which was nice.

Try and persuade him as Singapore is a great place to stop. As you are flying with Singapore airlines they have all kinds of deals with hotels, trips and free transport.

It is a very friendly, spotless and safe city and very easy to get around. With your youngster it may be worth using a taxi for transport but they are very cheap and safe.

We fly the Brisbane route (with Singapore airways) and always look forward to the Singapore stopover.

Last year they upgraded the seats on the Singapore to Bisbane (it's not the A380) leg to the same seats as the A380, which was nice.

I'm still trying but he's a bit tight. Do you know how long each leg of the journey is?

Guest samnash1

Hi,

We've always flown Singpore airlines to and froing to Oz and back. I went on the A380 last April and for an extra 30.00 was able to get a bulkhead seat. I don't know if you'll be able to do this with an infant though. I guess if you're not emergency exit then it shouldn't be a problem. I think 14months is probably a bit big for a bassinet, but i guess no harm in trying. Generally there's more room on the A380, especially if you pay a bit extra. The service is always great!! Good luck!

Sam

Hi, not sure what we flew on but have flown with Singapore Airlines and Emirates, and know that we will choose Singapore Airlines next time too !! Staff are so gracious, friendly and helpful x

same here, we are going back to oz (for the 3 rd time) in July and WILL be flying via singerpore airlines. from memory last time it was on an airbus a380 and there was babies on board and all slept soundly, hope this helps :cute:

Archived