pLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH DANDENONG AREA.

Guest MarkandTrace

Guest MarkandTrace

:err:

Hi Can any body give us some feed back on what life is like and where they would recommend living in the Dandenong areas, (North,South,East & West) as well as Hampton Park/Berwick.

Thanks

Mark & Trace

Guest JoanneHattersley
:err:

Hi Can any body give us some feed back on what life is like and where they would recommend living in the Dandenong areas, (North,South,East & West) as well as Hampton Park/Berwick.

Thanks

Mark & Trace

:idea:

I have a rellie who lives down in Burwood in Melbourne so I will see if she can help me and I will email you result!

:yes:

Guest JoanneHattersley

Got this from friend in Burwood area of MElbourne: Hope its of some help:

Without question I wouldn't recommend anywhere in the central Dandenong area. In the immediate vicinity you have an overwhelming settlement of Asian immigrants. You can pick up a house cheaply of course though. There is nothing against Asian immigrants however in that area there seems to be considerable trouble at times. Schools have problems etc. Given there are so many other choices I'd consider elsewhere. Do they have work arranged? If so let me know where and I'll investigate areas nearby and give them an idea.

Don't know much about Hampton Park but believe it is generally OK. It is a housing area settled about 20-30 years ago and has the infrastructure necessary to settle into. It is what I'd see as the lower end of the middle range. Remember though you always can find great pockets in all these areas (except Dandenong- it's the pits, so is Springvale)

Berwick is the only option I'd consider of those given It is bordering on rural and has been well planned and certainly has some up market areas (most of it is very good). Good facilities and a very pleasant place to live. Of all the outer suburbs of Melbourne it is one of the better ones.(not close in but people do commute to the city) Once again, let me know of work options and I'll give a better idea. Some of the areas around Berwick are also good.

There can be confusion about Dandenong as compared to "The Dandenong Ranges" which are the hills surrounding Melbourne which we showed you (ie Ricketts) The Dandenongs are beautiful and a lovely place to live so maybe they are confused. (quite a way out though)

Guest LynTrc

Hi

Great advice on the Dandenong area, I was just about to ask the same questions, so thank you. My O.H will be working at pilkingtons which is in Dandenong but he doesnt mind travelling if it means the schools will be better for the girls. I've heard Doncaster East is very nice.. But expensive! Also Berwick has been highly recommende but again dont know what the schools are like. We have two girls 17 and 15. Please could you offer any further advice or recommendations? It would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Tracey:spinny:

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi

Great advice on the Dandenong area, I was just about to ask the same questions, so thank you. My O.H will be working at pilkingtons which is in Dandenong but he doesnt mind travelling if it means the schools will be better for the girls. I've heard Doncaster East is very nice.. But expensive! Also Berwick has been highly recommende but again dont know what the schools are like. We have two girls 17 and 15. Please could you offer any further advice or recommendations? It would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Tracey:spinny:

:idea:

Got that advice from a rellie of mine down in Melbourne. What else did u wanna know?

:wubclub:

Guest jonseywife

I too have heard that Dandenong is NOT a good place to live!!!!! Sounds like you sound definately avoid it!!!! :no:

Further towards Melbourne CBD lies Brighton & Sandringham, but very, very pricey !!!!

Also further down try the the Mornington Penisular.... that were we are heading, Mornington - its beautiful.... lovely beaches, schools, shops, loads to do aswell!

Check out this map http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seaplane.com.au/maplarge.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.seaplane.com.au/fly3.htm&h=431&w=630&sz=112&hl=en&start=4&tbnid=e6xEFFxA75iPYM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dport%2Bphilip%2Bbay%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

And also this link might help too :

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/

Good luck

Sally-ann

Archived