Aunty is going to lose weight!

kernow43

THE BBC is to close down half its website, cut spending on imported American programs and close two radio stations in an admission it has become too large.

BBC director general Mark Thompson will announce a cut in its website pages by half, backed by a 25 per cent cut in staff and budget, said the paper.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article7041944.ece

Without knowing what parts of the website are going to be culled, it's difficult to comment, but in my eyes, the BBC website in unsurpassed, and has probably been the site I've spent the most time on, whether I've been living in the UK or in Australia, so it's sad to here that's it's content if seemingly going to be halved, in an attempt to placate a future Conservative government.

Guest siamsusie
THE BBC is to close down half its website, cut spending on imported American programs and close two radio stations in an admission it has become too large.

BBC director general Mark Thompson will announce a cut in its website pages by half, backed by a 25 per cent cut in staff and budget, said the paper.

BBC signals an end to era of expansion - Times Online

They have been carte blanche for far too long. Fat Cat salaries! Laughable that it is a criminal offence not having a licence, they have it all sewn up:skeptical:

Archived