Visa processing taking its time

RoseBrown1972

Guest sparksy

Hi. Yeah we are still waiting as well so your not the only one. There were a couple of Cat 4 175's issued this week I think but it does seem very slow. Timelines seem to be different for lots of peeps

Its very frustrating and the timelines appear to be so random! We have one issue as we can't get my hubbys kids to do the medicals so not sure if thats delaying us or just them being slow! Its the fact that you get told not to ask them when that doesn't help either, I am obsessed with checking the website every morning before work!

Guest ehunt

We are waiting too. I had this crazy idea that as soon as the medicals were finalised and the police checks were uploaded then it would all be done and dusted. Had day dreams of celebrating this week. But just waiting!!

Good luck everybody :wubclub:

Whats frustrating is that we keep being told by our visa agent that we can't ask our C/O how long but I see people on here who do ask and then gets their visas within days!

It doesn't help that my boss wants to re org the department I work in and needs to take on some temps, he really needs to know what I'm going to be doing as I'm next down from him and me going would have a huge impact on the plans and I can't tell him anything! Hes been very fair with me and would still have a job until I go and the agent won't do anything to help and if i over rule him and cock up the visa I will lose the fee refund if we don't get the visa!

Guest ehunt

Just been a bit nerdy and took a look at the first ten people on the Timeline monitor site. I averaged out their 'time to process' time and came up with an average of 48 days from CO being assigned to visa approval. I know this is different for everybody but there are so many variables its almost impossible to predict.:idea:

I've done similar! We've well exceeded the 48 days, we get a C/O at the end of october and its been 3 months since the medicals! But like you say so unpredictable! Every now and then you see on here a few people getting their visas and you just hope its your turn soon!

Typical I always manage to pick the long ques in everything I do so this has been no different!

Has anyone had their visas granted for 175 CSL - category 4?

We got appointed a C/O end of oct, medicals were received and recorded as finalised on 5/1/10 and the nothing!

Seems to be taking ages! I was told that when they ask you to the medicals you are nearly there!

I know you are looking at timelines - I am a 176 CSL (family sponsored) Category 3. We did our medicals in October of last year and received our visas in December, but we were told it could take up to 12 weeks. So hang on in there, it shouldn't be long now!!! Catherine:hug:

Guest ehunt

wow that is frustrating!! I have everything crossed that we will hear by the end of March, but now I am not sure it will be that soon. Is it not worth finding out why its taking so long?

Guest ehunt
I know you are looking at timelines - I am a 176 CSL (family sponsored) Category 3. We did our medicals in October of last year and received our visas in December, but we were told it could take up to 12 weeks. So hang on in there, it shouldn't be long now!!! Catherine:hug:

Thanks Catherine. Was that 12 weeks from CO assigned or from medicals being finalised. I thought it would be days - shows how naive I am.

sorry for all the questions catherine is that the date you have the medicals, date submitted or the date they are recorded on the system as finalised? We had ours the 27 Nov but they weren't listed as finalised until 5/1/10 so we are either nearly there or have another month!

Ours was from the date we had the medicals. So the date we have been given to enter into Australia is 27th October 2010. We are going over to validate in June. I really don't mind trying to answer any questions you have. Catherine

Thanks Catherine, we had our medicals a month later so we're on 14 weeks now! Trust me to be the exception to the rule! I've emailed our agent to pester again to get him to contact our C/O which he seems very resistant to doing! We're wanting to emigrate when we go over to validate so very keen to get a decision as life feels like it is on hold!

We do have one issue, we can't ask my hubbys 16 and 18 year old kids to get the medicals. We do have more than reasonable grounds for this and have a stat dec done. But don't see how this can delay a decision because they either accept it or force us to ask! The trouble is no one here seems to know about this and I haven't had one response from a post I made about it so got no real experiences to go on!

I really wouldn't have any idea about that!!! I take it the one reply you have had has been on Poms in Oz? Have you tried Get Me Downunder - The Adventure Starts Here. There are a lot of people there who may have the knowledge and be able to help you. I'm sure you get their monthly magazine, and it is the same people who are likely to answer any queries you have. They have recently started a forum and you can ask the question there. Catherine

My hubbys kids our estranged by our own choice and theirs, short version of events is that they have behaved very badly over the last 4 years and tried to wreck our marriage. i can honestly say we have done nothing wrong and made the decision for my husbands health to have no contact with them until they will apologise and act reasonably. We have offered so many olive branches and it has failed. We have done what are agent has said and done a stat dec stating that the relationship has broken down without any hope of a reconcilition for a number of years and that whilst we do have contact detials that doing that will cause exceptional stress with the end result still being no medicals and that we would have to go through their mother and that in itself is a minefield. Luckily we have that on record with solicitors over the divorce. We have also stated that we will not request that the children join us australia on the back of our visa as the relationship has broken down to such an extent that we couldn't and wouldn't live with them again in the UK or Oz. We have been told that this is sufficient and I promise you we are not horrible people who are abandoning his kids we have been to hell and back over this and just want a new start!

I am sure you are not horrible people. I know what teenagers can be like!!! I have two myself (though they are not too bad). But isn't it terrible that you are finding it so difficult to get out to Australia!!! There must be an easier way, especially since you don't have contact with the children. I would keep asking your agent to contact your case officer (I know they don't like to, but they are getting paid for it afterall!!). Catherine

Yes teenagers are very different now to what i was like when i was that age! This is supposed to be the easy way of getting there! Our biggest fear is that they will contact the ex who will contradict everything we say just to spite us! I took a lot of advice from a few agencies and they all recomended the same way of dealing with it. Our biggest fear is that they will make us ask, that will have to be done by solicitors which not only cost but they are stressful in themselves and have to be chased up to do things! She will mess us around over appointments and then they won't go!

I have emailed him and have no reply so far today, I do feel like he just doesn't want to do anymore than he has too! I'll see what he does and I might just insist he finds a reason to contact them. Unfortunatly the person we dealt with got changed after the visa went in!

We got told to only tell them about the problem with the medicals and the kids when they asked us to do them ourselves because if we told them at the begining they would just ask us again anyway as circumstances change. I argued that it would give the caseworkers advance knowledge of our situation and that way they could either tell us too ask anyway or to re do the stat dec saying the circumstances where still the same but they insisted I do it there way and that it wasn't something to worry about! I wasn't then I trusted their knowledge but its hard not to question it when we're still waiting beyond the norm! We could still be asked to do another one to confirm the situation as the wait has been so long!

Guest sunil

Hi all

Aug. 08 - Vetassess

Apl 09 - Recd. SA State sponsorship

June 09 - Online appl lodged (475)

July 09 - Medicals done and set to Aus (Except Xray for my wife due to pregnancy)

Sep 09- Babies born (Twins) - Requested for the inclusion of babies.

Jan 10 - Babies' Medicals & Wife's Xray done and sent.

05.02.10 - Wife's medicals finalised

All documents showing 'Met" Except

1. Babies 'Health requirements outstanding'

2. Wife's IELTS - 'Requested (But she has already done IELTS and sent)

I am from a HR Country. My current employer has not received verification call so far.

Can anyone guess on my appl status? (475 Visa)

Thank you all

Sunil

Yes teenagers are very different now to what i was like when i was that age! This is supposed to be the easy way of getting there! Our biggest fear is that they will contact the ex who will contradict everything we say just to spite us! I took a lot of advice from a few agencies and they all recomended the same way of dealing with it. Our biggest fear is that they will make us ask, that will have to be done by solicitors which not only cost but they are stressful in themselves and have to be chased up to do things! She will mess us around over appointments and then they won't go!

I have emailed him and have no reply so far today, I do feel like he just doesn't want to do anymore than he has too! I'll see what he does and I might just insist he finds a reason to contact them. Unfortunatly the person we dealt with got changed after the visa went in!

I take it you have been checking the DIAC site. I knew we had our visa, before our agent contacted us.

Hi all

Aug. 08 - Vetassess

Apl 09 - Recd. SA State sponsorship

June 09 - Online appl lodged (475)

July 09 - Medicals done and set to Aus (Except Xray for my wife due to pregnancy)

Sep 09- Babies born (Twins) - Requested for the inclusion of babies.

Jan 10 - Babies' Medicals & Wife's Xray done and sent.

05.02.10 - Wife's medicals finalised

All documents showing 'Met" Except

1. Babies 'Health requirements outstanding'

2. Wife's IELTS - 'Requested (But she has already done IELTS and sent)

I am from a HR Country. My current employer has not received verification call so far.

Can anyone guess on my appl status? (475 Visa)

Thank you all

Sunil

I'm not too sure about the 475 Visa (mine was a 176). I would check the website frequently and even though I knew they had Health requirements etc, the site always said they were outstanding. Catherine

Archived