QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI THERE, I dont think we were on the other thread but im saying helllo and can we join in too, weve been in QLD NOW for 8mths we moved from Melbourne ,we now live in Mountain creek nr MOOLOOLABA.

i know some of these on here too from times gone by, Just wanted to tell everyone , were finally getting married this year after 16yrs of being together on the 15th MAY IN Mooloolaba aboard the SEAFOOD CRUISE, even got some family comming so will be great .Be nice t catch up with some old friends on here x

HI THERE, I dont think we were on the other thread but im saying helllo and can we join in too, weve been in QLD NOW for 8mths we moved from Melbourne ,we now live in Mountain creek nr MOOLOOLABA.

i know some of these on here too from times gone by, Just wanted to tell everyone , were finally getting married this year after 16yrs of being together on the 15th MAY IN Mooloolaba aboard the SEAFOOD CRUISE, even got some family comming so will be great .Be nice t catch up with some old friends on here x

Many Congratulations on your fourthcoming wedding..:wubclub:

We too got married (2 years ago) after being together a long time (12 years)....

And it was wonderfull, so pleased to finally be Husband & Wife....:cute:

Guest bindog1uk
Nahhh definatly not taking no rabbit with me, prob cost a fortune we have told him his best friend at school can have him and look after him !!

We will have to get him another pet when we get there, eventuallllllyyyyyyyyyyy !! :smile:

How about a Roo, snake or rather large spider, or if you like water creatures, croc or shark, the choice is endless:laugh:Maybe dinosaurs won't be extict again when we get there and you could have one of those.Sometimes I wonder what planet I'm on, it helps to be slightly insane especially waiting for that visa to come:daydreaming:Lesley

Guest bindog1uk

How lovely for you, I loved Mooloolaba and all around there:biggrin:and so lovely for you that you are getting married, many congratulations, at least the weather should be good for your special day. Take lots of pickys and post them on here for us all to see, cheers for now:wink:Lesley

Guest pablofet1
Hi Washers, Jason have you checked online to see if your S.S. is recorded there yet, cos ours still isn't there. Might start chasing this in the next couple of weeks:cool:Lesley

We were finally granted our SS in Dec and nothing has changed on our status page. We received an official letter fom Qld advising us that we had been granted and that form 1100 had been sent to the DIAC.

Mel:biggrin:

Guest bindog1uk
We were finally granted our SS in Dec and nothing has changed on our status page. We received an official letter fom Qld advising us that we had been granted and that form 1100 had been sent to the DIAC.

Hi Mel, we also recieved our letter from Queensland, but thought that it would still show online, is that not the case then?:biggrin:Lesley

How about a Roo, snake or rather large spider, or if you like water creatures, croc or shark, the choice is endless:laugh:Maybe dinosaurs won't be extict again when we get there and you could have one of those.Sometimes I wonder what planet I'm on, it helps to be slightly insane especially waiting for that visa to come:daydreaming:Lesley

What you like :biglaugh:

A nice dolphin would do, there are no spiders getting passed my house !!

lindsey

Hello Qld Peeps :o)

Sorry not been on this thread much lately, been very busy with the other one!!! AND to top it off my Internet provider has been having problems and I get half way through something and lose the Internet connection... so started to give up!

Looks like we are back on line for a while... not sure for how long so will try and be quick!

Tasha xxx

Don't really know but it must show something, perhaps Tasha or someone will be able to inform us, lets wait and see. Lesley

TASHA HELP

I dont think anyone has had a response from DIAC about confirming the State Sponsor. We were the same, had a letter from QLD confirming our SS and then an email to say they had sent the DIAC the form.

The only thing that is different on my front status page at the top was on 28/10/10 it said processing further, and I assumed this was just someone attaching the form to the file. I know that we dont have a CO so the only thing it could have been would be the SS form being received.

I dont think anyone has to do anything other than wait... and wait... and wait... and wait... oh and wait a little more! Hopefully not for much longer though hey!

I am getting a little excited about these CO's and visa's coming through this week... Lets hope they keep on flying in... each day we all get a little closer to the top of that pile!

xxx

Evening from QLD still here the cranky pom of Brisbane suriving the cranky days must say in joyfully spirts with the wee one on the way hoping the england top gets here in time not telll the wife

Hello Cranky Pom... sounds like fun times ahead with a little wee one on the way! How long to go??? Is the England top for the footie or for the delivery of the baby???:biglaugh:

Hi Dunscombe family, glad you could join the thread. Congratulations on finally getting married, hope the organising is not too stressful, seafood cruise sounds lovely. Very different! I loved my wedding day, it was fantastic... a day to remember for ever and I would love to do it all again. Same man, just another day!:biggrin:

Guest bindog1uk

Good Morning Queensland peeps, just though I would bring this thread back up to the top and also an update on mum. She has responded well to the antibiotics and her kidneys are now working again properly, she has got back to her usual self of continual chattering repetitivly :chatterbox:

It's good to so many peeps getting visa's, although we are a long way down the queue. Seems that those who have had their pc's and meds done even without them being requested are proccessed first, wondering whether to get our's done, do you think this would be foolish. 176 applied 13th August 09, S.S.Feb10 is this too early to take that chance:confused:Lesley:wink:

Good Morning Queensland peeps, just though I would bring this thread back up to the top and also an update on mum. She has responded well to the antibiotics and her kidneys are now working again properly, she has got back to her usual self of continual chattering repetitivly :chatterbox:

It's good to so many peeps getting visa's, although we are a long way down the queue. Seems that those who have had their pc's and meds done even without them being requested are proccessed first, wondering whether to get our's done, do you think this would be foolish. 176 applied 13th August 09, S.S.Feb10 is this too early to take that chance:confused:Lesley:wink:

Morning Lesley,

Glad to here your Mum is a little better,

I feel it may be a little early to get the Meds just yet, although it makes me wonder, a few people have started to talk about getting them, I have even spoke to people who have just got them, I think i will look in to getting mine after May 10, Its a risk that could pay off who Knows!!

Proview

Guest bindog1uk

Hi Proview, Paul says he wont put bungalow up for sale till we get meds done, cos you never know what they are going to find wrong with you and doesn't want to lose the property if we can't go. If we get them done within the next couple of months, summertime is a lovely time to put property on the market. If I remember correctly haven't you sold yours:biggrin:Lesley

Hi Proview, Paul says he wont put bungalow up for sale till we get meds done, cos you never know what they are going to find wrong with you and doesn't want to lose the property if we can't go. If we get them done within the next couple of months, summertime is a lovely time to put property on the market. If I remember correctly haven't you sold yours:biggrin:Lesley

Hi Les,

How would you find out if there was anything wrong with your meds?? I thought they go straight to the CO first, then you would have to wait even longer for your outcome on the meds, If they do come back ok then then you would put house on market,? you may still wait ages, thats why i have mine up for sale now, We not bothered we want to sell anyway. My property is also a bungalow, its in the shed section have a look.

I have some one very keen on my place just now, fingers crossed

Proview

Guest bindog1uk
Hi Les,

How would you find out if there was anything wrong with your meds?? I thought they go straight to the CO first, then you would have to wait even longer for your outcome on the meds, If they do come back ok then then you would put house on market,? you may still wait ages, thats why i have mine up for sale now, We not bothered we want to sell anyway. My property is also a bungalow, its in the shed section have a look.

Proview

Didn't realise that you don't get the results yourself, may post that question on migration issues to shed further light on this.

If everthing comes back O.K. then possibly around July/ August time put the property on the market, just need to do a small amount of outside maintenance first, inside as new and love where we are. But I can hear Queensland calling us, so we must go:biglaugh:

Guest bindog1uk

Have just checked out you property, what a lovely place, shame you can't take it to Oz with you:wink:Lesley

Hey Lesley... glad your mum is feeling better now and responding well to the treatment.

Tasha x

Hey Taz The wee one due on the 28th March think it will be born on my 30th Not looking forward to that espically this is the worst begining to a year for me But im still here and the wee one a good thing. Got to remind the Wife it has Pommie in it some how lol

:laugh:why would it be bad if the little one is born on your 30th??? Is it cause you dont want to share your birthday??? Thats just typical of a bloke:laugh: You have made me laugh!!!

Hi Les,

Proview

Alan,

I am not 100% sure but this is what I think about meds. They are done by the medical people and they send them off to the HOC in Sydney whereby a medical person looks at them and changes the information on the online status page to "met" (I think) and if there is something they want to look at further it may say "referred". BUT I am not 100% sure on that. I do know they dont go to the DIAC it is somewhere different.

Hope that helps a little.

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest washer rs

Hi Lesley, Sorry your mums not been well but glad she is getting better..

Not had much time on here as work has been really busy. There's been lots going on the last few wk's which is really exciting.. I wish it was my turn as i'm sure you & everyone else does..!!

I was thinking the same as you yesterday, should we get our med's done or not..??? I think it could be worth doing & at the worst we may have to do them again in 12months (more money yes but we've spent lots anyway) just think we could have a co by July/Aug & the med's will be done..

Hi Lesley, Sorry your mums not been well but glad she is getting better..

Not had much time on here as work has been really busy. There's been lots going on the last few wk's which is really exciting.. I wish it was my turn as i'm sure you & everyone else does..!!

I was thinking the same as you yesterday, should we get our med's done or not..??? I think it could be worth doing & at the worst we may have to do them again in 12months (more money yes but we've spent lots anyway) just think we could have a co by July/Aug & the med's will be done..

Its a big gamble.......this is the reply i got from my agent today......

Alan, Please do not think about front-end loading your case with medicals yet. None of our non-Critical Skills List (CSL) cases have been allocated case officers since 23 September 2009 and only people who are currently on the CSL or had already been allocated case officers and asked to undertake their medicals before 23 September 2009 have been granted visas since that date.

Regards.

xxxxx

Guest washer rs
Hi Washers, Jason have you checked online to see if your S.S. is recorded there yet, cos ours still isn't there. Might start chasing this in the next couple of weeks:cool:Lesley

Sorry i missed this one Lesley, I also checked the other day & still no change from when my 175 went in back in may..

I seem to remember Tasha saying it takes them a longtime to change it tho.. Let me know if you decide to contact them.. Jason..

Guest washer rs

Hi Mel, it was also the same for me, so how do we know if & when DIAC receive the 1100 form..?? there must be a way to find this out..?? I know people say not to worry but you know how things get lost.!! Jason:cool:

Well guys im sat here on a Friday night, just had a nice take away, now im enjoying a nice glass of red wine, who is up for joining me! lol

Proview

A bit too early for me, mate...:laugh:

But I will have a fruit salad brekkie with you, hey?

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest washer rs
Its a big gamble.......this is the reply i got from my agent today......

Alan, Please do not think about front-end loading your case with medicals yet. None of our non-Critical Skills List (CSL) cases have been allocated case officers since 23 September 2009 and only people who are currently on the CSL or had already been allocated case officers and asked to undertake their medicals before 23 September 2009 have been granted visas since that date.

Regards.

xxxxx

Hi Alan, i know it will be a big gamble but it could pay off sometime down the line, can it do any harm..?? will it affect anything with the application.??

I'm just thinking of getting to the gold coast sooner :cool:

Archived