QUEENSLAND PEEPS - Chit Chat & Catch up!

Taz2008

Defo, you should supply them with some good Scottish whiskey, then they will say yes to anything, Get it in the post straight away:wacko:

Hate to tell you this.......but it's raining here to! AND I got up this morning and it was COLD!!! I had to put a jacket on! It was only 19 degrees!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Love

Rudi

x

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tash and fellow QLD peeps!

Just a little update, we will be landing in Brisbane on 12th April so we are trying to get everything all tied up at the mo. We are actually moving out of our house this weekend (we are moving in with the in-laws:eek:) and the international removals are collecting our stuff on Monday 1st March-so it's all really happening!

I have good news since I Last posted-my hubby has got a job-yey!!! After quite a few telephone interviews he will be starting on the 19th April for a company 8km outside Brisbane CBD so the pressure has definately been lifted quite a bit.

Hope everyone is ok,

Rachy x

PS my fingers are still crossed for you and your visa Tash:cute:

Just a little update, we will be landing in Brisbane on 12th April so we are trying to get everything all tied up at the mo. We are actually moving out of our house this weekend (we are moving in with the in-laws:eek:) and the international removals are collecting our stuff on Monday 1st March-so it's all really happening!

I have good news since I Last posted-my hubby has got a job-yey!!! After quite a few telephone interviews he will be starting on the 19th April for a company 8km outside Brisbane CBD so the pressure has definately been lifted quite a bit.

Hope everyone is ok,

Rachy x

OOO That is SOOOO exciting!!! Well done to your hubby for getting a job! You are in an enviable position!!! Where are you planning on living when you move out here?

Love

Rudi

x

Guest bindog1uk
Hate to tell you this.......but it's raining here to! AND I got up this morning and it was COLD!!! I had to put a jacket on! It was only 19 degrees!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Love

Rudi

x

You can go off people very quickly you know:no:

OOO That is SOOOO exciting!!! Well done to your hubby for getting a job! You are in an enviable position!!! Where are you planning on living when you move out here?

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Rudi

We are staying in Eight Mile Plains initially for the first 4 weeks and then we will be house hunting... I have been researching the best areas and so far came up with Ormiston, Manly, Wynnum etc-all around the Bayside area, but I guess we will have a better feel when we land? My hubby's job is based in Murarrie so we will be after somewhere commutable by around 30 mins approx but family orientated with good child care options as we have a 2 year old. If there is anywhere you would specifically recommend I would be really greatful:smile:.

We are really excited but also trying to stay grounded, we know it's going to be hard at first especially with a 2 year old little boy, but Im sure it will all be worth it..

Rachy xx

Guest bindog1uk

Hope everyone is ok,

Rachy x

Hi Rachy, really pleased for you that everything is going so well, you must be very excited, also good that OH has got a job, well done. Hope all goes well with your move, a new life down under, we'll get there one day. Lesley:biggrin:

Hi Rachy, really pleased for you that everything is going so well, you must be very excited, also good that OH has got a job, well done. Hope all goes well with your move, a new life down under, we'll get there one day. Lesley:biggrin:

Thanks Lesley, I hope your visa application gets processed soon- I know how hard the wait is:daydreaming: x

Guest bindog1uk
Thanks Lesley, I hope your visa application gets processed soon- I know how hard the wait is:daydreaming: x

Not expecting to get a case officer for a few months yet, only just got S.S. although our Visa application was 13th August, trying to be realistic, but would like to spend next Xmas in Oz if possible:yes:Only time will tell. Also have to sell bungalow first and we won't put that on the market till we've done our pc's and meds.Feeling optomisic though, can wait my turn:SLEEP:Lesley

Not expecting to get a case officer for a few months yet, only just got S.S. although our Visa application was 13th August, trying to be realistic, but would like to spend next Xmas in Oz if possible:yes:Only time will tell. Also have to sell bungalow first and we won't put that on the market till we've done our pc's and meds.Feeling optomisic though, can wait my turn:SLEEP:Lesley

I would get it on the market now Lesley, our bungalow has been on since Sept 2009 few people have looked but its over the £500k mark so harder to sell. soon as i sell im out of here and will rent for the amount i would pay out on stamp duty if you get my drift

proview

Guest bindog1uk
I would get it on the market now Lesley, our bungalow has been on since Sept 2009 few people have looked but its over the £500k mark so harder to sell. soon as i sell im out of here and will rent for the amount i would pay out on stamp duty if you get my drift

proview

HI proview, my view is that the longer we stay here the more we will pay off the mortgage and propertys are now increasing in value. We wouldn't want to move to another property as OH has completely refurbed to our spec and we do love it here. A visa isn't guarenteed till it's in your passport so till we do meds and pc's we won't risk it. When do you expect that you will get your visa's. Lesley

HI proview, my view is that the longer we stay here the more we will pay off the mortgage and propertys are now increasing in value. We wouldn't want to move to another property as OH has completely refurbed to our spec and we do love it here. A visa isn't guarenteed till it's in your passport so till we do meds and pc's we won't risk it. When do you expect that you will get your visa's. Lesley

not sure when our visa will come, but one thing is we have made our minds up to get out of this property and down size either way.

proview

Guest bindog1uk
not sure when our visa will come, but one thing is we have made our minds up to get out of this property and down size either way.

proview

You are about 2 months infront of us, so it will be interesting to see how long it will be until you get a CO, lets just hope it's soon, not sure how many more with pc's and meds requested that they have got to clear first. We downsized our property a few years ago and went too small, so we ended moving again to one that was in the middle, strange how you get used to having a certain amount of space. But lets hope that you sell soon and your next purchase will be in Oz. Lesley:wink:

Hi Rudi

We are staying in Eight Mile Plains initially for the first 4 weeks and then we will be house hunting... I have been researching the best areas and so far came up with Ormiston, Manly, Wynnum etc-all around the Bayside area, but I guess we will have a better feel when we land? My hubby's job is based in Murarrie so we will be after somewhere commutable by around 30 mins approx but family orientated with good child care options as we have a 2 year old. If there is anywhere you would specifically recommend I would be really greatful:smile:.

We are really excited but also trying to stay grounded, we know it's going to be hard at first especially with a 2 year old little boy, but Im sure it will all be worth it..

Rachy xx

AWW Hun, that's just near me!!! Please get in touch when you get here for a cuppa. All around the Bayside is lovely. Ormiston is beautiful, but also look at all the other Bayside suburbs like Cleveland, Wellington Point, Birkdale and Thorneside. Do you have to be on the train line? If not, then also include Thornlands (my suburb) Victoria Point and Redland Bay on your list of possible places to live.

Love

Rudi

x

Love

Rudi

x

Your not wrong mate. I have'nt been cold yet, but wish it would stop raining. Only worked 1 day last week bacause of it.....And next week don't look no better. Never thought I'd get rained off in Oz.

Luv Lance.

Guest Guest31881
wish it would stop raining. Only worked 1 day last week bacause of it.....And next week don't look no better. Never thought I'd get rained off in Oz.

Luv Lance.

Been a wet summer, they even opened the flood gates on the reservoir, only the 4th time in 10 years according to news.

But at least its warm rain:biggrin:

Guest bindog1uk
Been a wet summer, they even opened the flood gates on the reservoir, only the 4th time in 10 years according to news.

But at least its warm rain:biggrin:

If it's any concellation to you all in Queensland, here in the U.K. it's cold rain and cold snow and summer is still a long way off:tongue:Lesley

AWW Hun, that's just near me!!! Please get in touch when you get here for a cuppa. All around the Bayside is lovely. Ormiston is beautiful, but also look at all the other Bayside suburbs like Cleveland, Wellington Point, Birkdale and Thorneside. Do you have to be on the train line? If not, then also include Thornlands (my suburb) Victoria Point and Redland Bay on your list of possible places to live.

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Rudi

Thanks for this, its doesnt have to be on the train line-so we will definately be looking at these areas when we arrive! It will be lovely to meet up when we arrive for a cuppa, Ill let you know when we arrive:biggrin:

Take Care

Rachy x

Thought i would say hi and join in, we have our visa, the house has just sold and we are waiting for the contracts to exchange, hoping to complete mid July and then Brisbane / Gold coast here we come.

Mine a coffee, one sugar and could someone pass the Hob Nobs please. Ta very muchly

Sx

Hi everyone,

i know technically we don't live there - yet!!!!!!!!!!

But we wil be there on the 26th march to validate our visas and we are looking at places for jobs and if i am successful, they want me to start on the 26th april and we are thinking about just staying. It sounds like a crazy idea, from a reccie trip, to actually staying in the same trip. Can it be done and has anyone got any tips to make it work.

jim and helen - only 27 days of uk winter left - thank goodness.

You lucky things you... I wish we could go and validate our visa!!! No chance of that happening anytime soon... we have to get it first!:laugh: Only 27 days left of the UK winter... I reckon we will be here next winter too this rate!!!

Good luck on your trip, let us know how you get on!

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest bindog1uk
You lucky things you... I wish we could go and validate our visa!!! No chance of that happening anytime soon... we have to get it first!:laugh: Only 27 days left of the UK winter... I reckon we will be here next winter too this rate!!!

Good luck on your trip, let us know how you get on!

Tasha :wubclub:

C'mon Tasha thats not like you, possative thinking, you won't be here next winter, you will be in sunny Oz. I can forsee a case officer coming your way soon:yes: you'll see. Lesley

Thought i would say hi and join in, we have our visa, the house has just sold and we are waiting for the contracts to exchange, hoping to complete mid July and then Brisbane / Gold coast here we come.

Mine a coffee, one sugar and could someone pass the Hob Nobs please. Ta very muchly

Sx

No worries, kettle is on! But please can you bring the chocolate hob nobs! I can only get the non chocolately ones around here!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest bindog1uk
What a lovely thread....So nice to see you all together again, along with some new 'faces'......:yes:

I know I cant join, but I will pop by from time to time, to catch up on how you are all doing....

From Kelly, your Queensland thread neighbour....:laugh:

(WA SS-Where are you now?)

Hi Kelly, your'e welcome to visit us anytime and yes it's good to be together again, Tasha has once again come up trumps:laugh:Lesley

Hi All

Pouring down as I type this and windy and Antiques Roadshows on! Blooby hell if I close my eyes it could be a Sunday evening in the UK all IT needs now is Heartbeat and we're there.

Had email off Carl (yorkshireclan) he's had no luck with house sale and has dropped price by £15 000. One party want to buy but are in a nightmare of a chain and he is about to be interviewed for the full time position of the job he's been doing partime. Says he's fed up with the cold and the snow and his girls keep asking when are they moving to Australia? Carl would have posted this himself but he's got computer trouble and is not allowed to go on pio at work. Here hoping he'll be here soon.

Luv Lance

Archived